It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
MP3 Players - Features
We got sick of seeing me-too tablets and hearing overblown claims about 4G networks. And the T-Pain microphone? Just painful.
Since its founding in 1946, Sony has produced some of the biggest hits in consumer electronics. Brand names like Walkman, Handycam and Trinitron helped define the company as a giant in the industry and more recent hits like Cybershot, Vaio, Bravia an...
The demise of the Gnutella client, LimeWire (a study in 2008 showed it was still the number one peer-to-peer client eight years after was first released!), has us reminiscing about some of the popular file sharing applications of the past, which open...
Despite all the hardware Apple introduced at its press event Wednesday, the most radical news was Ping, a social network for music that's launching as a feature of iTunes 10. I've taken a brief test drive of Ping to see what it's about, but even befo...
If the latest Apple rumor is true, a new iPod Touch should arrive in September.
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
We all listen to compressed music on our computers and portable players and we all know that compression is supposed to hurt sound quality. But does it hurt it enough to affect our listening pleasure?
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Apple's iTunes Store reached a major milestone this week when it delivered its 10 billionth song, an event that highlights the great success of Cupertino's digital-download service.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
On Wednesday Apple's iTunes Store served its 10 billionth music download, according to the company. Here's a look at notable moments in its history:
There are hundreds of MP3 and portable media players to choose from on the market. Here are five of our favourites!
There are a huge range of portable media players on the market. We've rounded up a list of the key features of PMPs and MP3 players in order to help you pick up the model that's right for you or your child.
Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTMS Dynamics DevelopersNSW
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCVirtualisation Engineer - IP NetworksVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Network Designer - CiscoVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Infrastructure ProjectQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTArcFM DeveloperNSW