Nokia Australia today announced the opening of the Nokia Music Store, aiming to compete with market leader iTunes.
MP3 Players - News
LimeWire, a grizzled veteran of the peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing scene, remains the most popular software for exchanging music, video and software -- much of it pirated -- through the Internet, according to a study released Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics and several other vendors at the National Association of Broadcasters show this week are demonstrating a pending mobile TV broadcasting standard that had been forecast for completion last year.
Looking to boost the Web, Sun is working on a royalty-free and open video codec and media system, company officials said Thursday.
Adobe Systems debuted a new media playing software, Adobe Media Player 1.0 (AMP) along with online programming instructional video content on how to use the company's products, it said Wednesday.
Adobe Systems debuted its new media playing software this week, Adobe Media Player 1.0 (AMP) along with online programming instructional video content on how to use the company's products.
While more IT companies are now taking significant steps toward going green, there is still a lot of work to do to protect the environment, says Greenpeace International, an environmental activist group.
Apple patched QuickTime late Wednesday to fix 11 flaws in the Mac and Windows versions of the media player. All but two of the bugs could be used by hackers to hijack users' machines.
MySpace's deal to join with three of the world's four largest music companies to create a joint service was prompted in large part by demands from many of the social network's 110 million users for the ability to download and buy music, concert ticke...
ISP first to implement 'three strikes' scheme
A new partnership will make the 150 songs found in Grand Theft Auto IV available for download from Amazon.com.
As Apple CEO Steve Jobs promised last summer, Apple has begun leveraging its dominance in the music download business by pushing the Windows version of its Safari Web browser to iTunes and QuickTime users running XP or Vista.
Harmonix gives Rock Band a major software update, plus an in-game Music Store.
Apple considers new retail pricing scheme
Apple is talking with major record labels about offering unlimited access to the iTunes music collection for a flat fee paid when purchasing a new iPod, or as a monthly subscription fee, the Financial Times reported Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistsACT
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer/Team LeaderNSW
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTMobile App DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTAudio Visual TechnicianOther
- FTDesktop Engineer - Level 1 and 2Other
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment PlatformNSW
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTSenior Policy OfficerOther