At the Consumer Electronics Show this year it's clear that consumers are making choices that are driving industry changes, and nowhere is that more evident than in the digital-music business.
MP3 Players - News
Apple Wednesday agreed to lower the price of iTunes music downloads it sells in the UK; in return, the European Union's antitrust agency ended its probe into the US company's pricing practices.
Microsoft has no plans to add HD DVD capabilities to its Xbox console, despite rumors to contrary.
Sony BMG Music Entertainment will crack open the door to its music vaults on Jan. 15, taking the DRM copy-prevention wrapper off a limited selection of downloadable tracks.
A batch of digital media players sold by a Dutch importer over the holidays appear to have been infected with a nasty stocking stuffer -- a worm.
Stereo speaker maker Blaupunkt is showing off portable speakers that can also double as a powered subwoofer for a car stereo system at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is expected to mark progress in the company's strategy to provide digital content through a host of Internet-based channels and devices as he makes his final appearance at CES as a full-time Microsoft employee Sunday.
Amazon.com has added songs from Warner Music Group to the range it sells as MP3 files without DRM (digital rights management), the companies said.
The decision by Warner Bros. to drop HD DVD in favor of Blu-ray Disc for high-definition movies has set the electronics industry abuzz. Announced on the eve of the Consumer Electronics Show, the move put a single question in the minds of thousands of...
Pioneer on Sunday said it is working on technology that will deliver plasma displays with black levels to deliver more effervescent colors.
Two days after it lost an important ally in the high-definition format battle, Toshiba put on a defiant face at the Consumer Electronics Show and declared the HD DVD format is a long way from being dead.
Warner Bros., the only major movie studio to release titles on both of the rival high-definition video disc formats, has decided to drop HD DVD and exclusively back Blu-ray Disc, it said Friday.
People who received MP3 players as holiday gifts may want to steer clear of some Web sites that claim to offer legal music but don't have licensing agreements with major music labels, the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT) said.
Online music store Soundbuzz is offering customers in Singapore the ability to purchase lossless audio files.
The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) has won a lawsuit against the operators of TorrentSpy.com, with the judge ruling in favor of the MPAA because the Web site operators tampered with evidence.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSAP ICT TrainerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTSCCM Engineer / SpecialistOther
- TPSenior Business Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- CCTest Analyst *MUST HAVE MAXIMO*NSW
- CCSAP Support ConsultantNSW
- FTeCommerce Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTPrincipal ArchitectACT
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC