Microsoft will take another crack at blending social networking with digital music next month with the release of new Zune music players and a renewed campaign to promote song sharing.
MP3 Players - News
Microsoft has unveiled three new models of its Zune portable digital media players featuring touch-sensitive buttons for navigating the device, the ability to sync with wireless networks, and flash memory in two of them.
Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic) kicked off the Ceatec show in Japan this week with the unveiling of three new Blu-ray Disc recorders.
While it may not pack the sales bang of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the latest edition of Sony Electronics' Reader Digital Book could turn some heads among gadget lovers when it is released this month.
Toshiba has unveiled a prototype version of its Gigabeat media player that's powered by a direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) instead of a battery.
As high-definition TV continues its seemingly unstoppable march around the world, engineers at Victor Co. of Japan Ltd. (JVC) are busy working on cameras for a next generation system.
Sony and German memory chip maker Qimonda plan to form a joint venture chip design house to develop DRAM (dynamic RAM) for consumer and graphics devices, the companies said this week.
Global chip sales soared in August, indicating makers of electronic devices such as PCs, iPods and mobile phones expect the holiday season to be strong this year.
Adobe Systems will boost its strategy of helping developers and users create desktop and Web applications that share a similar user experience at its Adobe MAX user conference in Chicago this week.
The popular DS handheld has surpassed 50 million in worldwide sales says Tech.co.uk; nearly as fast as Apple sells iPods.
What would DEMO '07, or any high tech show for that matter, be without loud music and a light show for the daily opening of the conference? DEMOfall could do no less.
The lights go down, the noise comes up, and Demo 07 is underway.
Swedish police are expected to decide later this week whether a criminal case is warranted against 10 major music and movie companies over their alleged efforts to disrupt the Pirate Bay, one of the largest file-sharing search engines.
Amazon.com has launched a public beta of Amazon MP3, a digital music store that offers digital rights management-free music downloads, allowing users to download the music to their media player of choice or burn songs onto CDs.
Fox Studios will be offering seven premiere TV shows for free download via Apple's iTunes service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW