The Toshiba SDP92SKY is a portable DVD player with a swivelling 9in LCD screen. It comes with a smattering of intriguing features, including DivX media support, an AV input connection and an SD card slot for playback of video files, MP3s and photos. Unfortunately, it’s also a bit on the pricey side compared to other portable DVD players, without much to justify the extra premium. Simply put, there are cheaper models on the block that do a similar job.
Portable DVD Players
The Panasonic DMP-B15 is the world’s first portable Blu-ray player. It combines an 8.9in LCD screen and a BD optical drive in a (semi) portable package. It also doubles as a player for the home, complete with YouTube functionality and BD-Live support -- not too shabby for a portable device.
Toshiba’s SD-P91SKY is a portable DVD player that does not have the resolution of more expensive units, but instead focuses on extra functionality.
LG's DP392G is designed for use both in the home and on the move, incorporating the features and styling of a digital photo frame into a portable DVD player. It handles both roles admirably, only being hampered by the lack of a screen cover.
Teac's DVP904 is a budget portable DVD player, although it also features an external audio and video input. As a DVD player for in-car use it works well, thanks to the 9in screen and competent stereo speakers. The system is compromised by a noisy DVD drive and a pair of headphone outputs that suffer from a lot of electrical interference.
Toshiba's SD-P1900 is a mid-range portable DVD player. It lacks the resolution and video quality of high-end models, but comes at a reasonable price and delivers a solid functionality, without any major flaws. Video quality is satisfactory, although the inbuilt speakers are slightly disappointing. Nevertheless, the P1900 is generally quite serviceable, and while it's not the highest quality portable DVD player available, it's a suitable mid-range unit.
Toshiba's SD-P2900 is the company's flagship portable DVD player. With a 10.2in screen, 800x480 resolution and a jam packed feature list, it's quite a respectable model. The high price tag is its biggest drawback, but for users looking for everything it offers, it's a very solid option. Video quality is generally pretty good, although we did have some issues with the audio.
The Panasonic DVD-LS80 is a portable DVD player with an 8.5in LCD screen. It offers basic functionality, as well as the ability to play back DivX files, but the image quality is fairly poor and only suitable for casual viewing by those that don't know any better.
Portable DVD players take your DVDs out of the lounge room and into cars, trains, buses, parks ... in fact, anywhere you go.
Originating from the idyllic shores of New Zealand, Dearear is a concept originating back to 2012 where a series of products are created to fit New Zealand's quality lifestyle, it's not about extravagance, but it's about practicality. Their committed designers and engineers did not set out to make headphones, they wanted to design fashion decors that plays quality music. Thus the Dearear series was born.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCIntel Active Directory SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Merchant acquiringNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerWA
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectOther
- FTIntegration Developer (Mulesoft)Other
- FTInnovation Coach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCMobile Applications DevelopersACT
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- FTChange Analyst, Transformation, SAPOther
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW