Apple has finally take the wraps off its first Australian retail store, giving media a preview of the store ahead of its official launch tomorrow night at 5pm. Located in the heart of Sydney at 367 George Street, the glass fronted store will feature more than 80 Macs and 60 iPods for customers to get their hands on. The three-level store also offers professional help and advice for Apple users and would-be converts.
MP3 Players - Slideshows
Apple's iPod has been outrageously successful and slyly prolific. In the seven-plus years since Apple introduced the iPod, the company has created 17 versions.
Touch-screen computers, iPhone apps, and wireless cameras that stream video to the Web are on display at DEMO 09, the launchpad for emerging technology.
In Singapore this week, Panasonic launched its new FT-rugged, TZ and FS series of LUMIX digital cameras. Among the models released were two hybrid models -- the LUMIX DMC-FT1 and the LUMIX DMC-TZ7 -- which, in addition to being able to capture high-quality still images, can also capture vibrant and clear 720p-resolution videos.
Samsung's U4 and Q1 add style to the MP3 market.
On the shop shelves just in time for Christmas, Philips has announced the launch of a series of new docking stations designed for iPods and other portable multimedia devices.
Earlier this week, Logitech announced four new audio products. We show you what they are and what they’ll do.
Looking for a way to get more from your iPod? There are an increasing array of products on the market these days with iPod docks built into them and today we take a look at some of the most expensive.
Apple has announced a refresh of two of its most popular iPods, the iPod touch and iPod nano, along with a new version of its iTunes music software.
While we're enduring winter, over in the US summer is just kicking into gear. And nothing says summer more than a bunch of awesome gear and toys. GamePro (US) went out and rounded up some amazing tech that's sure to help you maximise your time in the sun. Once we finally get some Down Under! So grab your lawn chairs and your sunscreen as we unveil GamePro's Summer Vacation Gear Guide for 2008.
This week, Philips Australia launched its Consumer Lifestyle product range for 2008 against the eerie backdrop of a closed Lunar Park. Although the carnival atmosphere was lacking, there was still plenty to get excited about at the low-key event, with new HD TVs, home theatre systems, DVD recorders and multimedia players jostling for room among a deluge of homeware and grooming products. For a look at some of the highlights, check out the following slideshow.
Apple's first retail store in Australia will open in Sydney's George Street on Thursday, 19 June at 5:00p.m. Check out our sneak preview!
Apple Inc. announced the latest iteration of its mobile phone, the iPhone 3G.
With the high-definition format war coming to an end several months back, consumers no longer have to worry about which side to choose. Now there's a new challenge: picking the right player. There are a host of Blu-ray players now on the market, offering a wide variety of different features and price tags.
Take a look at Panasonic's new range of Home Entertainment products for 2008, including the first Blu-ray personal video recorder, and the latest and greatest in home theatre.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSiebel Design AnalystOther
- FTWintel Server EngineerOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- TPStakeholder Engagement Specialist - Change Manager - HealthQLD
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Strategic Business Analyst - Modernisation ProgramNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- CCSAP Support ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb Developer | 6- 12mths ContractOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther