Question: When I got my PC back after being repaired, everything that was on it before was still there, except iTunes. I'm worried I'll lose the playlists on my 30GB Apple iPod classic if I plug it into my PC after reinstalling iTunes.
MP3 Players - Tutorials
In recent weeks, more and more iTunes users have been reporting fraudulent activity on their Apple accounts, reporting hundreds or even thousands of dollars worth of bogus purchases. With the reports of this type of fraud on the uptick in recent week...
A reader asked about re-recording his phonograph collection in digital form
A couple months ago, Apple started migrating the App Store to the Web, meaning you could read all about an app without having to actually load iTunes.
Have a cable you don't recognize? Here's our guide to various proprietary, device-specific cables commonly used for game consoles and portable gadgets.
So you're on the airplane, ready to watch Zombieland on your iPhone, when suddenly you realize you have no stand, no way to prop it up at a comfortable viewing angle.
Back in December I told you about Windows 7's little-known application-compatibility troubleshooter, which I'd used to try to resolve a problem with iTunes.
When you pop an audio CD into your PC's drive, your media player software (iTunes, Windows Media Player, or whatever) downloads this information from an online database.
Digital radio has been launched with much fanfare in all major capital cities. The technology offers significant advances over FM radio in terms of sound quality, features and available radio stations.
If you've ever owned an iPhone or an iPod, chances are you now manage your music using iTunes--because that's the way Steve Jobs wanted it. iTunes is pretty good, but it's not perfect. The duplicate killer that's native to the app, for instance, can ...
CopyTrans ($20) helps you sidestep one of iTunes's most galling built-in limitations. This useful app allows you to backup an entire iPod or iPhone's library, then either place it in a specific folder of your choice, or import the tracks and playlist...
IPodRobot is a utility that's designed to get around one of Apple's most annoying limitations. When you plug an iPod or iPhone into a computer that has iTunes, you're able to sync the PC's playlist onto the device--but you can't go the other way. You...
Whenever I try to buy something from iTunes or redeem a gift code, I invariably get this message: Session Timeout. Then I have to "try again," which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
When did entertainment get so complicated? So many files, and so many formats. Our no-hassle tips for iTunes music and digital video will let you play what you want, where you want, on any device you own. We'll also show you how to enjoy and share yo...
Love the iPod but hate iTunes? Want iTunes on an non-Apple player? Want lyrics to show up in iTunes? We can help.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Sydney Airport lost property auction: you'll be amazed at what some people left behind
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPIT Business Analyst (UX Design)NSW
- FTSystems AdministratorNSW
- CCPerformance TesterQLD
- FTData and Insights AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCApplication ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- FTJuniper Network SpecialistVIC
- FTHyperion SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- TPSenior Communications EngineerWA
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!SA
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BPC SME/Consultant - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- FTLead Network Project ManagerNSW