The new router sports 802.11ac and 802.11ad, a built-in Plex server, 10Gbps networking, and bonded gigabit Ethernet.
ADSL Modems & Routers
Eyes often gloss over when people broach the subject of modem-routers. That’s not the case with D-Link’s Taipan, a modem-router that looks like the wacky lovechild of Alien and Optimus Prime.
Telstra’s Advanced III is a small mobile hotspot that shares Telstra’s high speed network with your favourite devices. Then, when they run low on juice, it doubles as a portable battery.
Google is giving the ugly Wi-Fi router a makeover, with its own device the company claims is easier to use.
Telstra has partnered with Netgear to release the Wi-Fi 4G Advanced II wireless hotspot modem. The little black modem supports Telstra’s 4GX network and will share Internet with up to ten devices.
Vodafone’s latest defence against home broadband is a “Wi-Fi Cube” capable of connecting 32 devices to its 4G network.
The Viper is an ADSL2+ modem and wireless router in one, and it supports 802.11ac speeds up to 1300Mbps (megabits per second). What does this mean? It's quick, but you need supported devices to get the most out of it.
The BiPAC 8800AXL is Billion’s 802.11ac wireless router product, which can be used to distribute an ADSL2+ connection, or even fibre or mobile broadband. It’s a neat little unit that’s easy to install and use, and it proved to be reliable in our tests, though not as fast as we were expecting.
Belkin's AC1750 is one of the company's ADSL2+ modem-router products that doesn't actually feature the modem inside the main body. Instead, the modem is located in the power adapter, with the router being separate. It's a router that's dual-band, it supports speeds up to 1.3GHz when using 802.11ac, and it proved to be fast during our tests. But it wasn't without its faults and anger-inducing moments.
TP-Link's Archer D7 is a networking do-it-all for your home. It packs in an ADSL2+ modem, Gigabit Ethernet, and, most importantly, fast wireless in the form of 802.11ac with a rating of 1300Mbps. As is usual with TP-Link products, it represents good value for money thanks to its ability to supply steady performance and quick wireless transfers.
Belkin's AC1800 Dual Band Wireless Modem Router is a two-in-one ADSL2+ modem-router with an 802.11ac wireless performance of up to 1300Mbps. It maintains the physical shape and exterior finish of other recent Belkin routers that we've tested, and its interface is the same, too, but make no mistake, this is Belkin's flagship wireless router for home users.
TP-Link's TD-W8980 is an ADSL2+ modem-router that's fit to the run the Internet distribution needs of a fairly typical home network. We found it to be a reliable performer during our extended test period, and it was also very easy to set-up and use. Not bad traits at all for a model that's also inexpensive.
A new shape has been embraced by D-Link and it's cylindrical. The company's DSL-2890AL modem-router immediately stands out because of its tall and round design, but it's also got plenty of good stuff inside. It's an 802.11ac router that can supply fast and reliable wireless performance whether you use the new 802.11ac standard or just stick with 802.11n.
Need an all-in-one printer for your fast paced mobile lifestyle? Read this review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Google releases stylish $199 Wi-Fi router meant to be shown off
- Vodafone fends off home broadband with Wi-Fi Cube
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTICT Business AnalystOther
- CCAgile Delivery SpecialistACT
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTDevops Automation EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTAutomation TesterACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Online/Website application developmentOther
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Workplace Assessment & InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial ServicesQLD
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTData ModellerACT
- FTProgram Coordinator (Cloud & Office 365)Other
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct/Project Coordinator-AGILE/SCRUMOther
- FTPMO - Business Process ConsultantOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDelivery Manager - Agile / Scrum / DigitalOther
- FTBusiness Analyst/CoordinationSA
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC