Qualcomm will start shipping sample chips for the next generation of Wi-Fi by June, helping device and network vendors develop products that might quadruple users’ speeds and lengthen battery life.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Plume wants to put a pod in every room of your house, with most router functions controlled by the cloud.
The new router sports 802.11ac and 802.11ad, a built-in Plex server, 10Gbps networking, and bonded gigabit Ethernet.
On Wednesday, the Wi-Fi Alliance released a test plan for LTE-Unlicensed products, which would bring 4G cellular to unlicensed spectrum bands that Wi-Fi users depend on.
New home Wi-Fi routers have some impressive advanced features to help boost speed, range and capacity. Network World Lab Alliance member David Newman explains how beamforming and MU-MIMO technologies work in the latest Wi-Fi routers.
New wireless technology developed by researchers at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab promises to kill the Wi-Fi password at last.
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
Broadband speeds and performance are leaving consumers disappointed with their services, according to a recent survey from the Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN).
Apple has called for a voluntary recall of AC wall plug adapters designed for use in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Europe, New Zealand and South Korea, after 12 incidents across the globe.
On paper, the RT-AC5300U looks to be the most powerful consumer router ever built.
Google is giving the ugly Wi-Fi router a makeover, with its own device the company claims is easier to use.
Soon to be TPG-owned internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has launched a new permanent installation at the Perth Arena, the iiNet Social Post.
Telstra will officially launched its national Wi-Fi network on Tuesday, with the telco dubbing the offering ‘Telstra Air’ and revealing that customers will be able to access an international network of wireless hotspots.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
For some applications, a typical WeMo switch isn’t the solution. Belkin can’t make a switch for everything, but instead has come up with a product that hobbyists and DIY customers with electrical wiring knowledge can use to create their own home auto...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTQA LeadNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Developer/DevOpsVIC
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTAGILE Implementation Manager ContractNSW
- CCProcurement OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration LeadNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT