VoIP and IP service provider MyNetFone (ASX:MNF) is rolling out mobile VoIP services for the iPhone, Android and Symbian operating systems.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
We've all had the problem of going into a crowded Starbucks and suffering through a substandard Wi-Fi signal, most likely caused by too few access points and too many end users. But what if Wi-Fi antennas could do a better job of detecting how many d...
With the Internet's largest-ever upgrade looming, network operators are using up address space based on the current standard -- known as IPv4 -- much faster than they are adopting IPv6, the next-generation standard.
At 4G World this week, Ruckus Wireless is announcing new 802.11n Wi-Fi products aimed at wireless network operators, for indoor and outdoor coverage that can offload their cellular data networks.
Clearwire is launching its 4G WiMax network in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles before the end of the year, it said Monday.
The global body in charge of allocating Internet addresses expects to hand out the final blocks of IPv4 (Internet Protocol version 4) addresses to regional registrars early next year, it said Monday.
Skype has tied up with one of Japan's largest telecommunications companies in a deal that will see its Internet telephony service offered on cell phones and to broadband, fixed line and cable TV customers.
With the launch of Skype 5.0 this week, the PC-based voice over IP (VoIP) and messaging service is now integrated with the Facebook social network. While neither Skype, nor Facebook are typically considered business platforms, the combination of the ...
Cisco Subnet blogger Scott Hogg names his favorite free open source tools to keep your network humming.
Skype now allows its users to log into their Facebook accounts and perform a variety of Facebook tasks from within the Skype interface.
Gad! I complained a few weeks ago about frequent DNS lookup errors on my AT&T DSL connection. I tried using Google's DNS servers instead of AT&T's and, for a while, it looked like the problem was fixed. Alas, this was not the case …
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
The first day the iPad went on sale in April, half the financial analysts and executives at securities brokerage Baron Funds in Manhattan lined up and bought their own -- and then immediately wanted to use them at work.
Australian Broadband provider Internode this week launched a service that allows customers to keep their existing phone number when migrating to Naked ADSL2+ broadband plans
Skype on Tuesday launched Skype for Android, its version of the VoIP software for all phones running on the Google Android operating system. The app, which had been exclusive to Verizon phones, is now available in the Android Market for any Android p...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Identity Management ProjectOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- TPFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProject OfficerOther
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTIntegration Technical SpecialistOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- CCSolution Architect l JDEdwards , OracleNSW
- FTAEM Developer - Mid LevelOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTCRM AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Testing Program - TelcoVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTSenior UI / UX DesignerQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- CCBusiness Analyst - Service EconomicsNSW