Telstra will officially launched its national Wi-Fi network on Tuesday, with the telco dubbing the offering ‘Telstra Air’ and revealing that customers will be able to access an international network of wireless hotspots.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
For some applications, a typical WeMo switch isn’t the solution. Belkin can’t make a switch for everything, but instead has come up with a product that hobbyists and DIY customers with electrical wiring knowledge can use to create their own home auto...
Vodafone’s latest defence against home broadband is a “Wi-Fi Cube” capable of connecting 32 devices to its 4G network.
Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
Belkin's Linksys division took the wraps off a host of new networking gear at CES on Sunday, including two new Wi-Fi routers, a new NAS box, two new range extenders, antenna upgrades for its existing routers, and--at long last--an open-source Wi-Fi d...
Belkin today announced that it has released more devices for its Wemo home automation system. New Smart LED Bulbs have been added that allow you to replace your existing veiling and lamp lights with new, smartphone-controllable bulbs.
Free Wi-Fi will be available at 150 Australian locations from today as Telstra begins trials of its public Wi-Fi network.
Android users in Melbourne’s CBD are the most at risk sector of the community for malware threats according to a report released by F-secure.
Those face-meltingly fast new 802.11ac routers might not be king of the wireless networking world for long. Samsung recently announced it's developing new 802.11ad Wi-Fi technology that can turbocharge network speeds fivefold, from today's 866Mbps p...
Sophos has conducted some interesting research around the world to find out how people are securing their wireless networks. Here are the results for Sydney.
AusRegistry, the company tasked with operating the .au domain namespace, has dropped the price of net.au domain names to $1. The promotion will run throughout the month of May, and it has been done to encourage take-up of net.au names for Australian ...
iiNet’s content delivery network (CDN) distributed 1.2 petabytes (PB) or 1228.8 terabytes (TB) of video and music data in December 2013 alone.
The early Wi-Fi standards that opened the world's eyes to wire-free networking are now holding back the newer, faster protocols that followed in their wake, Cisco Systems said.
Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
Origin Energy today announced the availability of a Smart Energy Monitor for its customers in Victoria. The Smart Energy Monitor is a device that works with ZigBee wireless technology, and it can give users a real-time view of energy consumption for ...
From the look of the entries that we received for our Messiest Office competition, it seems many of us still have a deep desire to hoard every little thing that comes across our work environment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPalo Alto Network Security Expert - BrisbaneACT
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSenior Risk Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- CCBusiness Financial advisorNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- FTAccount ClerkOther
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCNet IQ IDAM - SMENSW
- TP.Net Developer - 5 weeks contract - START NOWQLD
- FTData Analyst/ScientistOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCIT/OT Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst - PageUp implementationOther
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTSecurity Analyst/Security EngineerOther
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- TPProgram ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyVIC
- FTSenior AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC