A telepresence system that uses a transparent screen can make meeting participants appear as if they are in the same room, without the need for 3-D glasses, vendor Digital Video Enterprises says.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
The head of the global Internet addressing authority will visit China this week, according to people briefed on the matter, highlighting questions about China's Web censorship after it applied to offer domain names that end with Chinese characters.
Mio has equipped its latest navigation device, the Moov V780, with a 7-inch touchscreen, support for HD playback and the option to integrate support for WiMax.
Inveneo Project Director Andris Bjornson, on the roof of the Haitian headquarters of CHF International, installs the base antenna for a series of Wi-Fi links to aid groups across Port-au-Prince. CHF shared its satellite link with other aid organizati...
A new version of Enterasys' Wi-Fi software simplifies network management and operations, and improves client performance in 802.11n enterprise wireless LANs.
Cisco Systems and Hewlett-Packard probably won't force their mutual customers to take sides after the end of their partnership, though the vendors are deadly serious about competing against one another, analysts said on Friday.
If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, you may be in for an unwanted visit from Chuck Norris -- the Chuck Norris botnet, that is.
When a Russian hacker last month broke into a giant video advertising located in Moscow to run a pornographic film on it, it caused some chaos in city traffic. But Russian news sources Thursday report police in the southern city of Novorossiisk have ...
The Technology Operations Center in Vancouver is a 5,000-square-foot facility that Ward Chapin, CIO of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics, compares to a NASA command center, complete with big screens to monitor the events live and seats for about 130...
The exploratory trip last month by San Francisco-based nonprofit Inveneo might have been fairly routine -- or at least as routine as things can be for a group that brings information technology to poor countries all over the world. Members of its tea...
While LTE modems delivering mobile broadband services already appearing on the market, LTE phones are still some way off -- not least because manufacturers and operators have yet to agree how calls will be placed and voice traffic carried over LTE's ...
2010 is shaping up to be a good year for Skype. A few weeks back, spokesperson Peter Parkes confirmed the company's VoIP iPhone App would soon be able to access AT&T's 3G network. Now it appears Skype could be making its way to Verizon's network.
Juniper Networks has reportedly agreed to pay $US169 million to settle a 4-year-old lawsuit over backdating stock options, a practice that entrapped and embarrassed many high-tech firms over the past decade.
Bell Canada is claiming the Vancouver 2010 Olympic network as the first IP-based converged network at any Olympic or Paralympic Games.
In its continuing quest to speed up the Internet, Google has decided to build what it calls "ultra high-speed" broadband networks in some parts of the U.S., the company announced Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW