Cisco, EMC and VMware last week unveiled the much rumored joint venture to sell their products to companies wanting to build internal clouds. Called Acadia (for who knows what reason), the joint venture is a collaboration between the three companies ...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
It started with a cup of coffee between 3Com COO Ron Sege and HP ProCurve chief Marius Haas a year ago.It ended with this week's $US2.7 billion blockbuster acquisition of 3Com by HP. In between were regular dialogue and updates, a demonstration at In...
Google is bulking up its phone offerings with the acquisition of Gizmo5, a company that offers voice-over-IP software for mobile phones and computers.
Hewlett-Packard's acquisition of networking gear vendor 3Com will unlock a major new market for the company, taking its growing rivalry with Cisco Systems to China, analysts said Thursday.
Cisco is making a concerted effort to improve the compatibility of its telepresence gear, something that industry observers say has been lagging, but that is sorely needed if it and other vendors are to succeed.
HP's news that it would lay down $US2.7 billion to acquire network switch maker 3Com not only causes industry watchers to look ahead at what could come of such a deal, but also reminds many of the IT vendor's long history of billion-dollar acquisitio...
Logitech's only video products are commodity Web cams, but that will change when the company closes a deal to buy high-definition videoconferencing vendor LifeSize Communications.
Hewlett-Packard has agreed to buy 3Com for about US$2.7 billion, pushing forward the giant IT vendor's strategy for combining computing, storage, services and networking under one roof.
A day after Microsoft plugged more than a dozen holes in its software, a security researcher unveiled a new unpatched bug in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 that, when exploited, locks up the system, requiring a total shutdown to regain control.
Wireless broadband provider Clearwire had about 173,000 WiMax subscribers at the end of September and should be able to offer service to 120 million potential subscribers in the U.S. by the end of next year, the company said Tuesday.
Adelaide became the first city in Australia to utilise WiMAX broadband technology as South Australian ISP Adam Internet yesterday switched on its AdamMax broadband network.
Logitech plans to acquire LifeSize Communications, a company that makes HD video communications equipment, for US$405 million in cash, the companies said Tuesday.
Hoping to bring holiday cheer to harried travelers, Google is footing the bill for Wi-Fi access at 47 U.S. airports through mid-January, so that people can connect free to the Internet while they wait at airline gates and other areas.
A Miami lawyer has filed a class-action lawsuit against domain name auction site SnapNames.com, after the company announced that a former employee was bidding against potential customers in domain name auctions.
Cisco this week said is extending the acceptance period for its $US3 billion cash offer to acquire Tandberg to Nov. 18. The initial acceptance deadline was Nov. 9.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- ASUSTOR and Seagate Technology Bring IronWolf Health Management to ASUSTOR NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCCloud Orchestration and Automation SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Part TimeOther
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPProject Scheduler/CoordinatorQLD
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTRelease Manager (Software Configuration)ACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Identity & AutomationQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- FTProject Manager - Rail Industry or Survey or Construction bkgrdOther
- FTPersonal AssistantSA
- CCPortfolio / Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTStorage & Backup Engineer x2 - EMCOther
- FTSAP CRM FunctionalistOther
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- FTTeam Leader - Software ServicesVIC