Alcatel-Lucent on Wednesday set a course for tighter integration of the two main components of long-haul service-provider networks, saying it will help carriers streamline their infrastructure and run it more efficiently.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
With a similar legal battle playing out in the U.K., a company owned by Skype's founders has filed suit against Skype in the U.S.
The IEEE has finally approved the 802.11n high-throughput wireless LAN standard.
Skype is shutting down Extras, the most important part of its program for outside developers, saying that demand for these third-party plug-ins has been weak.
Broadband growth is still reeling from the economic downturn, but there are also tentative signs of a recovery, according to market research company Point Topic.
Take a deep breath: Skype isn't working so great on the iPhone right now. But a fix should be available by Wednesday evening in Apple's App Store.
Wi-Fi chip vendor Atheros Networks plans to acquire Intellon, a maker of chips for home powerline networking equipment, for about US$244 million.
TransferJet, a data transfer technology that allows information to be exchanged between gadgets by simply bringing them close to each other, should begin appearing in products next year.
Toshiba has developed a graphical user interface for controlling devices such as media servers and audo equipment and shifting content around a home network.
Cisco Systems gave Chairman and CEO John Chambers a discretionary incentive payment of more than US$2 million for the company's 2009 fiscal year, despite the fact that net income fell nearly 24 percent from the previous year on sales that were down a...
A Taiwanese research group unveiled a personal Internet device (PID) on Thursday made from its WiMax chips and a reference board that runs a version of Google's Android mobile operating system tweaked for PIDs.
Qwest Communications International is deploying equipment that will allow the carrier to deliver data at 100Gb per second (Gbps) all the way across its network to a customer's location.
The future looked bright in September 2005 when eBay announced it was buying Internet telephony company Skype Technologies for $2.6 billion. But after four years of unfulfilled expectations, the marriage between the online auction giant and the upst...
EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
Telstra has celebrated the 10-year anniversary of its Global Operations Centre by throwing open its doors and putting its nerve-centre on display.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSOE Team LeaderACT
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Contract Administrator (construction)ACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- FTHead of Architecture, Global Financial InstitutionNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- FTMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- FTProcurement Project ManagerACT
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Mortgage SolutionNSW
- FTData ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW