EBay plans to announce a deal to sell its Skype voice-over-IP service to a group of private investors, The New York Times reported on its Web site, citing people briefed on the company's plans.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Telstra has celebrated the 10-year anniversary of its Global Operations Centre by throwing open its doors and putting its nerve-centre on display.
Computer scientists in Japan say they've developed a way to break the WPA encryption system used in wireless routers in about one minute.
If your hotel is an antiquated, out-of-service ocean liner that's crossed the Atlantic 1,001 times, it's nice to know that the place has steel walls as much as 3 inches thick. On the other hand, if you get there and want to fire up your Wi-Fi-equippe...
Ethernet continues to go places its inventors probably never imagined.
Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
Cisco Systems downplayed a vulnerability in some of its wireless access points, reporting Tuesday that there is no risk of data loss or interception.
How often do you go to make a call on your cell phone and you're stymied by a bad connection?
University of California at San Diego researchers Tuesday are presenting a paper describing software that they say could make data center networks massively scalable.
A powerhouse in wired network testing and monitoring made a big move into wireless LANs on Thursday as Fluke Networks announced an agreement to buy AirMagnet.
Nortel is reportedly close to receiving an offer for its Carrier VoIP business.
Zimbabwe has started developing a fiber-optic cable aimed at improving the country's telecommunications in a bid to regain its position as having the second-fastest-growing communications sector in Southern Africa.
Looking to build a blazing Ethernet network that will exclusively support science research, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, is receiving US$62 million to develop what it calls the world's fastest computer network.
Samsung has announced an exclusive deal with Optus for the local launch of its new NC10 netbook.
Despite recent drama, Google Voice will soon be available for iPhone -- as a Web-based app, says The New York Times.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPrincipal AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Process Transition ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTSenior Director, Enterprise Architecture & Information SecurityOther
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- TPHolistic BA - IT & Business upgrade - Bathurst location**NSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCSAP ISU Device ManagementNSW
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- TPSenior Change Analyst - Major IT Transformation**NSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- TPWin10 Deployment OfficerQLD
- CCSupport Analyst - Part timeQLD
- CCLevel 1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCJunior to Mid-level Devops ConsultantQLD