Network administrators and security specialists have long had tools and software for analyzing the streams of traffic that course through company systems, but now a Marlborough, Massachusetts, startup wants to make the process a lot easier.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Looking to improve indoor coverage for WiMAX devices, the WiMAX Forum is partnering with the Femto Forum to create a femtocell that routes WiMAX signals over landlines.
Aerohive Networks has introduced for its wireless LAN products a pre-shared encryption key that it says is more secure and easier to administer than the option in enterprise Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), the widely used industry specification for ...
HP Wednesday announced a new mobile thin client, and software enhancements to improve the security and manageability of its desktop-based thin clients.
Verizon Business took its next step toward deploying 100Gbps by trialing its 100G optical service with the United Kingdom's national research and education network, JANET.
Cisco this week is extending its branch routers and LAN switches in an effort to improve the collaboration capabilities of enterprise customers.
Five years ago when Cisco Systems introduced its CRS-1 core router platform some criticized it as overkill, but it has enabled a growth in network traffic that in turn has fueled demand for thousands of the devices.
WiMAX operators who overhype their networks' peak speeds risk angering early adopters who feel their expectations haven't been met, an analyst from Pyramid Research said Wednesday.
Huawei Technologies became the third-biggest seller of mobile infrastructure in the world in the first quarter, further expanding its worldwide role on the strength of sales both inside and outside its native China.
Cisco Systems will appoint a director to ensure that its Linksys products comply with the terms of free software licenses, and in return the Free Software Foundation will dismiss its lawsuit against the networking giant, the parties said on Wednesday...
TransferJet, a data transmission technology developed by Sony that allows information to be exchanged between gadgets by simply bringing them close to each other, took a further step towards commercialization this week when Sony said it would begin a...
Peer-to-peer communications vendor Skype used its Interop keynote slot today to put out a call to traditional PBX vendors, inviting them to make their gear interoperable as the company tries to make inroads with businesses.
The Wi-Fi Alliance has expanded its WPA2 certification program to include a tool for secure handoffs between Wi-Fi and 3G networks, as well as an authentication system that uses multiple secured tunnels.
Cisco unveiled a grab bag of wireless LAN announcements at Interop Tuesday, including much of what you'd expect in the form of new hardware. But there's a somewhat surprising twist: the equipment vendor's wide-ranging emphasis on software application...
At the CeBIT tech tradeshow in Sydney, Plantronics announced the release of its Savi Go and Savi Office communications headsets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTICT Security Senior ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- FTE Learning Web DesignerWA
- FTBusiness Project Manager- NSW GovernmentOther
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTPMO Project ManagerOther
- FTx2 Senior Test Analyst/Lead - DWH - Informatica ETLOther
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- TPETL DeveloperNSW