Cisco this week unveiled products specifically for small companies as part of its recently announced US$100 million commitment to that business market.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Cisco Systems is looking to reduce the energy consumption of network attached devices such as IP phones, laptops and access points using a new architecture called EnergyWise, the company announced at its user conference in Barcelona on Tuesday.
Cisco this week announced that it has purchased privately held Richards-Zeta Building Intelligence, a provider of middleware that enables businesses to integrate building infrastructure and IT applications over an IP network.
Cisco Tuesday unveiled vital extensions to its data center arsenal with additions to the Nexus switching line and enhancements to its Catalyst products, including software designed to let the switches control the energy consumption of attached device...
Cisco System launched a major green initiative this week that includes free software to help customers use their networks to automatically turn off computers and network gear at night and whenever they aren't being used.
Just a few months ago, Dave Stevens began his second stint as CTO of Brocade. But this time, the company has much bigger aspirations. With the acquisition of Foundry having closed Dec. 19, Brocade is aiming to become Cisco's chief competitor for cust...
Hewlett-Packard's ProCurve networking division Monday announced an ambitious alliance with enterprise application vendors to optimize their software as it runs over ProCurve switches and other networking gear.
Enterprise IT shops might soon get another option for virtualizing their entire datacenter.
The Russian security company that caused a stir some months by talking up its cracking tool for recovering Wi-Fi encryption keys, has started selling its software to all-comers in a specially packaged product.
The Mumbai, India, police have launched their previously announced plan to secure Wi-Fi networks. A team of police is using a battery of devices to systematically identify and eliminate unsecured Wi-Fi networks in the wake of last year's attacks, whe...
TransferJet wireless capability is getting closer to reality. The technology, which is being developed by major camera makers Sony, Olympus, Canon, Kodak, Nikon, is intended to make it easier for to transfer your images between devices wirelessly.
The growth of 802.11n wireless LAN access points has been somewhat limited by a well-known problem with insufficient power to APs when using Power-over-Ethernet connections.
Networking company D-Link Systems is already seeing consumers and businesses switching to 802.11n, even though the wireless LAN technology isn't a ratified standard.
Being out of the office without a PC will no longer be an excuse for missing meetings on Cisco Systems' WebEx Meeting Center and Unified MeetingPlace conferencing systems.
The Wireless Power Consortium hopes to make powering portable electronic devices simpler by offering a standard way to recharge them without wires.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistsACT
- FTPractice Director Quality Assurance – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTProgram ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Delivery Lead - BillingVIC
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Web ApplicationsOther
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerOther
- FTBI Release / Test ManagerOther
- FTAgile Test LeadOther
- FTSplunk SpecialistACT
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperWA
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD