For Avaya, 2009 could solidify the company's top spot on the unified communications sales charts, putting it in the best position to reap even more as the world economy improves in the years following, industry experts say.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Internet-based cyberattacks are becoming increasingly sophisticated and specialized as profit-driven criminals continue to hone their approach to stealing data from businesses, employees and consumers, according to a Cisco study released this week.
The Free Software Foundation Thursday slapped Cisco with a lawsuit claiming copyright infringement related to Cisco's Linksys wireless routers.
Cisco next year will unveil a new release of its unified communications software that will let companies more effectively collaborate with each other.
The Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute (POWMRI) will replace its PABX with a 1000-seat communications platform to connect roaming staff and monitor its tissue preservation freezers, and physical security network.
Cisco's "Big Bang" switching upgrade will emerge in late January and encompass more than just the Catalyst 6500.
Cisco will add real-time translation to its TelePresence high-definition conference technology next year, enabling people in several different countries to meet virtually and each hear the other participants' comments in their own languages.
Cisco Systems will shift resources into new product areas next year, including making a major push into homes, Chairman and CEO John Chambers said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard has inked a $1.2 million contract to outfit a new $99 million research and education centre at the Royal North Shore Hospital (RNSH) with fixed and wireless networks.
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has called on Optus to roll out Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to more than 7000 seats and upgrade its aging network. The deal is worth $143 million over the next four years.
Cisco this week is expected to unveil the first in a series of enterprise products designed to intelligently process video traffic in a network.
Meraki has unveiled two products -- one that fits into a electrical wall outlet, the other that runs without relying on an electrical grid at all -- that make it even simpler to deploy its Wi-Fi mesh network. It also unveiled a promotional package to...
Cisco's the king of network security, commanding almost a quarter share of the worldwide US$6.8 billion network security market, according to IDC. But can it hold the fort?
Enterasys this week is expected to announce integration of the Siemens Enterprise Communications WLAN portfolio with its switches and management systems.
Proxim Wireless announced Monday it is shipping two new 802.11n access points, one with two radios that Proxim called the fastest on the market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPrincipal ArchitectACT
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTIT Systems EngineerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE | React.js | Angular.js | Node.js |VIC
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW