A Maryland man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for directing a multimillion-dollar warranty fraud scheme targeting Cisco Systems, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
The Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) has run out of all but a handful of IPv4 addresses that it is holding in reserve for start-up network operators.
A lot of coverage of IPv6 over the past few years gives the impression that you need to switch to IPv6 soon. That's not necessarily the case, though, especially for a consumer or a small business.
With nearly $100 million in new funding, Internet2, the faster, better Internet reserved for research and education, has embarked on an upgrade that will boost backbone capacity to a staggering 8.8Tbps and expand services to hundreds of thousands of ...
Seven segments of undersea data and telephone transmission cables that were damaged in the March 11 earthquake off Japan should be repaired by early May, an arm of Japan's biggest telecom group said on Friday.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has approved IEEE 802.16m, the standard for the next generation of WiMax, which may deliver downstream speeds of more than 300M bps (bits per second).
LG-Ericsson has recently introduced a variety of Ethernet switches specifically designed for small to medium businesses (SMBs).
Regional pay television operator, Austar (ASX:AUN), is developing a cross-platform user interface that could aggregate and beam content to multiple devices simultaneously, in an effort to maintain the company’s viability under the National Broadband ...
Some iPad 2 users who expected a flawless product are instead finding a handful of problems with their shiny new tablets. The latest is a freezing issue with Facetime that can only be fixed by rebooting the iPad 2.
Motorola Mobility has signed an agreement to acquire Dreampark, a Swedish IPTV software provider, the company said on Wednesday.
The Wi-Fi Alliance plans to make getting onto a public hotspot as easy as connecting to a cellular network, a change that mobile operators are likely to welcome as they look to shift more data traffic onto Wi-Fi.
Results of a five-year study on telemedicine showed that patients can be treated virtually by physicians as effectively as if the patients made physical visits to the doctor's office. In another finding, the remote treatment also improved doctor-pati...
There's no denying that Skype is by far the most ubiquitous VoIP service today, but a new project launched this week aims to create an open source alternative.
The number of devices and modules that come equipped with LTE has grown to 98, according to a report from industry organization GSA (Global mobile Suppliers Association).
Intel Mobile Communications said Monday that it has acquired most of the assets of SySDSoft, a Cairo-based company, to help accelerate its LTE (Long Term Evolution) efforts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- FTSoftware Developer - Web ApplicationsOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTInstructional Designer - Digital, e-Learning, GovOther
- FTSenior Node.js DeveloperNSW
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTManager - Program Management Office (PMO)Other
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC