D-Link has launched a new Wi-Fi router designed for small and medium businesses. The D-Link DSR-500N Wireless N Router offers 802.11n Wi-Fi networking as well four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
As protesters continue to clash with police in anti-government demonstrations, Egypt has pulled the plug on the Internet.
China has begun large-scale trials of fourth-generation (4G) mobile technology known as TD-LTE, with the tests expected to last 18 months, according to the country's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
With interest in IPv6 accelerating and adoption heating up more attention is being paid to address planning, but where do you start?
Maybe you're tired of paying the cable company and want to get your movies and other entertainment from the Web. Naturally you'll want to watch those shows on your TV with the aid of a Roku box or similar device. More and more people are doing that, ...
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has been busy certifying hardware, with more than 9,000 consumer electronics products receiving its stamp of approval. Now its software certification is the spur to new growth in home media networks.
Chinese telecommunications technology vendor Huawei Technologies has filed a lawsuit against Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions, accusing the companies of planning to give Huawei's intellectual property to Nokia Siemens Networks.
Wi-Fi Direct is still scarce in announced or shipping products, but it would be wrong to reach a gloomy conclusion about the new peer-to-peer technology from the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Yahoo is forging ahead with a move to IPv6 on its main Web site by year-end despite worries that up to 1 million Internet users may be unable to access it initially.
As I write this, the IETF has been around for 25 years and a few hours. The first meeting started at 9 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 16, 1986, in San Diego with 21 people in attendance -- a far cry from the most recent meeting in Beijing, which attracted 1,...
NTT DoCoMo's LTE (Long-Term Evolution) data network, launched in three of Japan's biggest cities on Dec. 24, promises speeds of up to ten times those of current 3G wireless. Over the last few days I've had a chance to test network performance in cent...
When the annual Sundance Film Festival lands in Park City, Utah, the movers and shakers of Hollywood demand a lot more wireless capacity than the mountain town of 8,000 residents normally needs.
Several of the Internet's most popular Web sites - including Facebook, Google and Yahoo - have agreed to participate in the first global-scale trial of IPv6, the long-anticipated upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol known as IPv4.
Two researchers may have found a way to greatly reduce traffic bottlenecks that could take place in ad hoc networks. Such work may be essential for the future development of sensor networks, they say.
German security researcher Thomas Roth has found an innovative use for cloud computing: cracking wireless networks that rely on pre-shared key passphrases, such as those found in homes and smaller businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD