Much more than a me-too product, the Deco M5 delivers both innovation and performance.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Reviews
Orbi satellites communicate with the router, not with each other; but 4x4 backhaul enabled best-in-class performance in most of our benchmarks.
It’s not the right router for everyone, but there’s plenty to like and it’s priced right.
Much as we love WiFi, even the latest routers can have trouble reaching important places. For many people this means connecting a main computer or a games console to a router in another part of the house – and PC users don’t like connecting by WiFi: ...
Linksys’ latest looks a bit like a massive upturned spider which can be a bit disconcerting in low-light and shadow-rich environments. It’s no looker, although the LED lights on the front have a certain Knight Rider quality to them.
This is a group test of three of the latest AC5300 (and AC5400) 802.11ac, MU-MIMO wireless routers. It’s part of a series of articles that has seen us investigate:-
As part of an ongoing WiFi investigation we’ve tested three of the latest routers from Netgear, Linksys and D-Link. The first two use the latest, speedy MU-MIMO technology which keeps fast devices running fast even if there are slow devices on the sa...
We’ve spent the week testing three of the latest MU-MIMO routers: Netgear’s Nighthawk X8, D-Link’s DIR-895L and Linksys EA9500. While our results resemble a group test (which will be forthcoming) this article focuses on the benefits of the latest MU-...
Many people hate their WiFi and usually because it’s due to range issues. The main ways of increasing range are to buy an expensive new router, use a powerline adapter or buy a WiFi range extender. Expensive new routers are, well, expensive. But, as ...
This security camera deviates from the Dropcam model to focus on strong security features.
This indoor/outdoor camera delivers solid surveillance on its own or as part of a comprehensive security system.
DrayTek has long been synonymous with business-focused routers and the Vigor 2860Vac is one of the company’s first to offer the faster 802.11ac wireless standard. This allows a theoretical throughput of 1,300Mb/s on its 5GHz band and 300Mb/s on the ...
This router is a good performer, but it's too early in the game to pay more for multi-user MIMO.
Eyes often gloss over when people broach the subject of modem-routers. That’s not the case with D-Link’s Taipan, a modem-router that looks like the wacky lovechild of Alien and Optimus Prime.
Telstra’s Advanced III is a small mobile hotspot that shares Telstra’s high speed network with your favourite devices. Then, when they run low on juice, it doubles as a portable battery.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- CCApplication PackagerSA
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- CCProgram SupportVIC
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- CCSupport Contract Officer - NV2ACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD