We've compiled all the information you need to know about the Windows 7 Release Candidate and Microsoft's plans for the operating system.
Notebooks - Features
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Reports that Dell might use Google's Android OS in a netbook raises questions about what the device might look like and whether Android is ready for use beyond smartphones.
We've worked long and hard to come up with the best tips and tricks for your PCs, smartphones, cameras, game controllers, music players, and the Web. Let's start with PC, laptop, and networking tips.
If Microsoft had invented the iPod, it would have been called the Microsoft I-pod Pro 2005 Human Ear Professional Edition. The <cult-hit video that makes that assertion may have been a joke, but it rings true. And when word emerged that the video was...
On Tuesday, Microsoft will post Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) for the general public.
I've been writing Linux guidebooks for some time, and it's fair to say that most people who buy my books are Windows users looking to make the leap to Linux (or perhaps just wondering what the fuss is about).
Windows 7 may be hitting store shelves sooner than you think. Microsoft's latest operating system will be ready to roll this October, some information published by a British tech site suggests.
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
It's human nature to get on the bandwagon of a "good thing." Take the screaming hype that is the netbook phenomenon, for example.
Laptops can be easily taken for granted by those who have direct access to them, but the devices are a salvation for some at-risk teenagers and young adults caught up in gang and drug-related activity in San Francisco.
Two laptops: One's a Mac, one's a PC. Which is better? PC World takes both notebooks and stages a computer kumite to make a few quick calls.
ASUS is responsible for introducing the netbook to the PC market as an affordable and simple laptop solution for students. Since the release of the original Eee PC, almost every major PC vendor has released competing models -- many taking alternate d...
The evolution of mini-laptops
We scoured the Internet to come up with 95 innovative, entirely free downloads and services. Don't miss our Best Bets.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- CCCloud Infrastructure Team LeaderNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Cloud Platform EngineerOther
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTData & Analytics Business Development PrincipalOther
- FTSenior Business Consultant - FinanceQLD
- FTClient EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCSAP ISU - DM ConsultantVIC
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior CoolGen DeveloperACT
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- CCLead Technical AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer (.Net)Other
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD