Microsoft will offer European customers an "Internet Pack" that includes IE8 when they buy a retail copy of Windows 7, which will be sold sans browser, the company said late last week.
Notebooks - News
French portable media players maker Archos introduced last night the Archos 9, a Windows 7 powered touchscreen-only Internet tablet. Calling it a MiniPC, the Archos 9 is not exactly the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/159209/archos_tabletphon...
Some PC vendors and sellers will begin a coupon program on June 26 to entitle people who buy premium versions of Microsoft Windows Vista to upgrade to the new Windows 7 operating system when it arrives later this year, but the upgrade offers may not ...
Microsoft's plan to dump Internet Explorer (IE) from Windows 7 for the European market is a move to discredit antitrust regulators by tying its proposal to a failed enforcement effort from 2005, a noted antitrust expert said today.
It seems Moore's Law doesn't apply to the next generation of Intel's Atom chips. The low-cost, power-sipping chips, codenamed "Pineview," will greatly improve upon both of those traits, but at the expense of any significant speed boost, according to ...
Even as it is pushing mobile computing, Intel expects desktop computers to continue to be in demand in the long term, an Intel executive said on Thursday.
Apple's price reductions in its notebook line this week show that the company, which has historically been leery of dropping prices, is not immune to the crumbling economy, analysts said today.
The Fedora Project on Tuesday released version 11 of its Linux open source operating system, adding expanded hardware support, new software management and improved virtualization.
Hoping to ride a recent surge in movies and TV shows filmed in 3-D, Acer Inc. plans to release a notebook PC this fall equipped with a 15.6-inch 3-D screen, according to a report.
Countering the netbook craze, Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday introduced a thin and light laptop, the Pavilion DV2Z, which will deliver full PC functionality at a competitive price.
For years, Apple has churned out versions of Mac OS X pumped full of new features geared toward the average user. And it seems like with every iteration of Mac OS X, the new feature count balloons. While many of these new features are small -- for ex...
Asustek kicked off an entirely new category in the mobile computing space when it presented a prototype of its Eee PC at Taiwan's Computex trade show two years ago. Since then, many users have embraced netbook PCs for their small size, light weight a...
Intel is getting ready to release two processors, an Atom chip called Pineview and a new desktop processor called Clarkdale, that include integrated graphics, a capability that spells the beginning of the end for third-party chipsets with integrated ...
Today at Apple's World Wide Developers Conference in San Francisco, the Cupertino computer maker announced a host of new products before an audience of developers and media. Among other announcements, the company has updated its MacBook Pro product l...
With just days to go before Apple executives take the stage at the company's annual developer conference, the rumor mill has gone into its usual last-minute overdrive, with speculation about everything from $99 iPhones to an appearance by CEO Steve J...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW