Revised data from a prominent Web metrics company dropped Apple under the 5% market-share mark, about half what the same firm said Macs enjoyed just two months ago.
Notebooks - News
Betting that European antitrust regulators will okay its proposal for a "ballot screen" and facing opposition from computer makers and corporate customers, Microsoft late Friday abandoned plans to ship Windows 7 without Internet Explorer (IE).
Microsoft on Friday let users who want to upgrade from one version of Windows 7 to another know how they can do so.
Acer's plans to launch an Aspire One netbook running Google's Android operating system have been shelved.
Dell was fined on Thursday by a Taiwanese city agency for failing to meet sales obligations of heavily discounted products resulting from online pricing snafus, according to online news reports.
Microsoft made a U-turn today and announced that it would hand out free copies of Windows 7 Ultimate to the initiation-only testers who received the very earliest builds of the OS last year.
Pirates have cracked Windows 7's product activation just a week after the operating system made RTM and a week before it's slated to reach users, Microsoft confirmed today.
Intel said on Wednesday that it will deliver new Atom chips on time later this year, rejecting a report that the chips have been delayed until 2010.
Acer remains on track to launch a version of its Aspire One netbook with Google's Android mobile operating system in the third quarter of this year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Intel had to hustle to catch up with competitors in developing chips for mobile devices like smartphones, but the effort led to the development of the highly successful Atom chip, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Collaboration with Microsoft could allow the software giant's upcoming Windows 7 OS to take advantage of multithreaded and multicore Intel chips for faster application performance, according to an Intel official.
Remember last week when Microsoft was so ecstatic about Apple's complaints over the laptop hunter ads? Well, the software maker may have been overjoyed that it finally agitated its rival, but Redmond has quietly complied with Apple's complaints.
Look for personal computer users to soon get their hardware in the same way that they get their cell phones: for free as part of telecommunications service subscriptions, the executive director of the Linux Foundation said on Friday afternoon.
In a pre-emptive strike against Google Inc.'s Chrome OS, DeviceVM Inc. plans to make Web search the centerpiece of its popular instant-on operating system.
Microsoft's revenue declined 17 percent and net income declined 29 percent year over year in its fiscal 2009 fourth quarter due to continued weakness in global sales of PCs and servers, the company reported Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Asus debuts the first-ever Ryzen laptop with a mobile Radeon surprise, too
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTLead Business Analyst, MortgagesOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTCRM DeveloperWA
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTRelease and Deployment ManagerOther
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Data AnalystOther
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTSenior Vendor ManagerOther
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTRelocate to Perth for Technology OpportunitiesQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationOther
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther