After months of delays, Lenovo's first laptop with an OLED screen is now shipping, but it remains a question if the PC maker will come out with additional OLED model anytime soon.
Notebooks - News
Surface Pro 3 owners may not have to deal with a battery recall, after all. Microsoft says the tablet's sudden battery drain stems from software, not a hardware problem.
The addition of Acer's R11 and the 2015 Chromebook Pixel brings the total number of Chromebooks able to run the Play Store to three.
For a little more money than the average Chromebook, you get a few premium features that improve the overall experience.
Microsoft customers have overwhelmingly adopted the Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 4, according to new data released by AdDuplex., while the pricier Surface Book garners just a small slice of market share.
The updated Alpha R2 gets Skylake, an M.2 drive, and desktop-class graphics.
Despite being touted as a new standard, finding the right USB-C accessory for the newer MacBooks is still hit-or-miss.
The Chuwi HiBook dual-boot Android/Windows tablet costs just $250, so maybe we shouldn't be surprised that its performance is lacking.
We'll have to wait until Computex to learn more about Asus's Republic of Gamers gaming notebook that it says is faster than Nvidia's last-generation Titan X.
Gold-colored tech might be the latest trend, but this edition of Dell's popular notebook also features some very nice hardware.
Chromebooks have sold primarily to educational organizations, particularly K-12 schools, because of their low price and easy manageability.
Stop complaining about how much you paid for your laptop. HP just sold two notebooks for the price of a luxury car.
As the company announced during Google I/O 2016, Google plans to bring the entire Play Store—Google’s repository for Android apps—to Chrome OS. Not every app will work flawlessly, of course, as the Chromebook will need to have any hardware the app re...
Google announced Thursday morning that its Play Store will be coming to Chrome OS, the lightweight operating system that powers Chromebook laptops.
Chromebooks outsold Macs in the early months of 2016, according to IDC. But the victory comes with a few caveats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD