Will an updated series of Macs appear shortly? Wedge Partners, a Denver-based research firm, thinks there's a good chance that iMacs and MacBooks "in the next several weeks".
Notebooks - News
When Voodoo PC came under HP's umbrella a few years back, we began to see all sorts of interesting collaborations: The <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/30453/review/blackbird_002_lci.html">Blackbird</a> desktop and the <a href="http://...
Sony Australia has just unveiled its latest VAIO notebook at the company's 'Secret Garden' media event at Sun Studios, Sydney. A large range of games, gadgets and home entertainment devices were showcased at the event, but the mysterious 'VAIO X' not...
Samsung Electronics Australia has partnered with Japanese industrial designer, Naoto Fukasawa, to bring the new N310 mini notebook to Australia.
Lenovo on Tuesday announced new touchscreen laptops, including the ThinkPad T400s, which is company's first laptop to support four-finger multitouch input.
Dell's new Z-series Inspiron notebooks will be the company's thinnest and lightest laptops ever. They'll still pack a punch, however, with an Intel Core 2 Solo ultra-low-voltage or Intel Core 2 or Core 2 Duo processor.
Microsoft's annual technology conference, Tech.Ed sold out this year, with more than 2500 people converging on the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre this week for a sneak peek at Windows 7.
Hoping to generate some buzz around its Adamo laptops, Dell showed off an ultra-thin design on Wednesday that could heat up the race between PC makers trying to build the world's thinnest laptop.
More than 2500 delegates from the IT industry have made their way up to the Gold Coast this week to take part in Microsoft's Tech.Ed conference. The conference is attended mostly by developers and IT managers and will showcase the latest in Microsoft...
Netbook sales keep growing, as do the sizes of their displays.
Sony was showing off its latest lightweight, ultra-slim laptop earlier this week at the IFA consumer electronics trade show in Berlin. The Sony Vaio X is being billed as the successor to Sony's 2004 Vaio X505 -- a forward thinking laptop that was thi...
Toshiba has developed a graphical user interface for controlling devices such as media servers and audo equipment and shifting content around a home network.
A year after Google debuted Chrome with a bang, the browser may have failed to meet expectations. But recent moves by the search giant signal a new campaign in the war against rivals, analysts said today.
Samsung will use Windows 7 Starter Edition on two new netbooks, it announced on Thursday.
With consumers increasingly using laptop PCs around the home to access multimedia and social-networking services, Toshiba has designed a tablet PC intended to offer quick access to the same services without some of the hassles of a full-blown PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD