ASUS' latest addition to the Eee PC family, the 10-inch 1000H, is now available in Australia sans the Linux operating system than made it famous.
Notebooks - News
The popular Intel Atom microprocessors made for netbooks, or mini-laptops, costs 52 percent more per chip than the desktop version of the same processor.
The worldwide PC market grew at a healthy 15.3 percent in the second quarter but the weak economy means tough times and possibly a wave of consolidation may lie ahead for PC makers, according to surveys released Wednesday.
Lenovo introduced two ultramobile laptops on Monday, including the ThinkPad X200 ultrathin laptop, which joins Apple's MacBook Air as one of the lightest fully-functional laptops available today.
Microsoft is letting more people use its Live Mesh service just days after Apple launched its similar, but broader, MobileMe service.
IBM will invest $1.5 billion to boost its semiconductor manufacturing and research efforts in New York State, the company announced on Tuesday.
Lenovo has released a new ThinkPad notebook PCs for the small to midsize business market, with multiple wireless connectivity options, including an aggressively priced cellular data modem.
Intel will soon release a version of its Centrino 2 chip package for laptops that takes up less space, opening the door to more ultra-thin laptop designs like Apple's MacBook Air.
Despite a month long delay in shipping, analysts say Intel's first quad-core laptop processor will keep the chipmaker well ahead of arch rival Advanced Micro Devices.
Intel will follow the release of its Centrino 2 chip package for laptops with a version that contains technologies designed to help companies more easily manage employees' laptops.
Intel on Monday launched Centrino 2, its latest mobile platform, which the company claims will increase laptop battery life while delivering speedier performance and faster wireless connectivity.
Top vendors including Hewlett-Packard, Lenovo and Fujitsu have announced consumer and business laptops that will use Intel's new Centrino 2 platform, which is being introduced on Monday. Centrino 2 boasts speedier processors, improved mobility featur...
Lose your laptop these days and you lose part of your life: You say good-bye to photos, music and personal documents that cannot be replaced, and if it's a work computer, you may be the source of a very public data breach.
Giga-byte Technology plans to launch its M912 mini-laptop by the end of July in Taiwan for NT$19,900 ($AUD685), a company representative said Monday.
Asustek Computer's newest Eee PC mini-notebooks with Intel Atom microprocessors will be on store shelves across several countries in Asia this month, including Australia, Japan and South Korea, a company representative said Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Cisco PrimeOther
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTQuality Assurance Specialist | 50 p/hrOther
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCEUS Junior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCMaximo DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst Guidewire QLD
- FTSoftware and Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - CloudQLD
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Marketing ManagerWA