Reports circulated Wednesday that Apple may demo the next iteration of Mac OS X next week or even release code to developers in preparation for an early-2009 launch.
Notebooks - News
As Microsoft continues to recommend that business customers not pass over Vista in favor of the forthcoming Windows 7, the company has been working quietly to improve its software for desktop virtualization, which could in the future alleviate obstac...
Intel detailed plans for an updated version of its Classmate PC on Tuesday, swapping out the laptop's older Celeron M chip for the Diamondville version of the Atom processor.
Much speculation has surrounded Advanced Micro Devices' manufacturing plans for its upcoming Fusion family of processors and whether these chips could be produced under contract. But a senior executive said on Tuesday that AMD plans to manufacture th...
Taiwanese hardware makers expressed concern over a shortage of Intel's Atom processor, but Intel said production volumes will increase.
Microsoft this week confirmed that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) omits a critical security update issued by the company in November 2006.
Acer is looking to be part of what the company hopes will be a hot new market - the mini laptop.
Advanced Micro Devices Wednesday ramped up its competition with rival Intel by unveiling its first processor platform designed specifically for laptops.
Amid concerns that users of its Window XP Service Pack 3 operating system may be vulnerable to online attacks, Microsoft has finally broken its silence and explained which XP users need to upgrade their Adobe Flash Player software.
Asustek Computer plans to launch the Eee Monitor in September, a PC built into a monitor designed to rival Apple's iMac, the company's CEO said Monday.
Several new rivals to Asustek Computer's popular Eee PC low-cost laptop have launched so far at Computex this year, but Asustek fired back on Tuesday with new models based on Intel's Atom microprocessor.
Asustek Computer plans to offer buyers of its popular Eee PC low-cost laptop additional storage for songs, videos and other data via the Internet.
Intel this week unveiled new chipsets for desktop PCs at the Computex trade show in Taiwan.
Laying money on the market for small laptops and desktops, Intel Tuesday announced new Atom processors for what it's calling netbook and nettop computers.
Coming to the market late with a new product doesn't phase Acer. The world's third largest PC vendor launched its new Aspire one mini-laptop on Tuesday, forecasting sales of up to seven million units this year and 15 to 20 million next year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD