The Korea Fair Trade Commission has fined Intel 26 billion won (US$25.4 million) for abusing its dominant position in the microprocessor market.
Notebooks - News
Toshiba on Wednesday introduced laptops powered by the new Puma-based processors recently announced by Advanced Micro Devices.
Windows XP is dead ... long live Windows XP. You may have heard that as of June 30, you're no longer able to buy the operating system or obtain support for it. But that isn't quite the case. In fact, you'll be able to buy XP on certain mainstream PCs...
Reports circulated Wednesday that Apple may demo the next iteration of Mac OS X next week or even release code to developers in preparation for an early-2009 launch.
As Microsoft continues to recommend that business customers not pass over Vista in favor of the forthcoming Windows 7, the company has been working quietly to improve its software for desktop virtualization, which could in the future alleviate obstac...
Intel detailed plans for an updated version of its Classmate PC on Tuesday, swapping out the laptop's older Celeron M chip for the Diamondville version of the Atom processor.
Much speculation has surrounded Advanced Micro Devices' manufacturing plans for its upcoming Fusion family of processors and whether these chips could be produced under contract. But a senior executive said on Tuesday that AMD plans to manufacture th...
Taiwanese hardware makers expressed concern over a shortage of Intel's Atom processor, but Intel said production volumes will increase.
Microsoft this week confirmed that Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) omits a critical security update issued by the company in November 2006.
Acer is looking to be part of what the company hopes will be a hot new market - the mini laptop.
Advanced Micro Devices Wednesday ramped up its competition with rival Intel by unveiling its first processor platform designed specifically for laptops.
Amid concerns that users of its Window XP Service Pack 3 operating system may be vulnerable to online attacks, Microsoft has finally broken its silence and explained which XP users need to upgrade their Adobe Flash Player software.
Asustek Computer plans to launch the Eee Monitor in September, a PC built into a monitor designed to rival Apple's iMac, the company's CEO said Monday.
Several new rivals to Asustek Computer's popular Eee PC low-cost laptop have launched so far at Computex this year, but Asustek fired back on Tuesday with new models based on Intel's Atom microprocessor.
Asustek Computer plans to offer buyers of its popular Eee PC low-cost laptop additional storage for songs, videos and other data via the Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTLevel 2 and 3 Server EngineerOther
- CCPMO AdministratorVIC
- CCRegional Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Business Intelligence AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTPerl DeveloperACT
- CCWintel Migration ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End Developer (AEM / Java)Other
- CCChange & Communication AnalystQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW