Apple and Samsung are the tablet leaders, even though the market continues to decline overall.
Notebooks - News
While we're waiting for the Touch Bar equipped MacBook Pros, let's check out the model Apple glossed over at the unveiling: the 13-inch MacBook Pro with function keys.
Apple's higher prices for its MacBook Pro laptops are not out of the ordinary for the company.
Apple brings touchscreen capabilities to the MacBook Pro without turning it into a two-in-one.
The company is exploring a more interactive MacBook with the new Touch Bar, but don't expect a fully touch-enabled Mac.
We go hands-on with Lenovo's three add-on hardware modules for the ThinkPad X1 Tablet, and find that they just don't live up to the thoughtful design of the tablet itself.
Apple has been a leader in using PCIe-based flash storage, which offers far greater bandwidth than SATA-based SSDs. The new 2016 MacBook Pro's specs blow away the performance of its predecessor by nearly double.
Apple's latest Macbook Pro replaces the top row of keys with an OLED touch bar, which can change functions based on the software being used.
Surprise: The PC is still well ahead of the MacBook
It’s the perfect complement to your new MacBook Pro.
Apple unleashed three new MacBook Pros during Thursday’s October event. Here’s a closer look at each one, when you can get them, and how much they cost.
The new MacBook Pro continues Apple's tradition of eradicating unwanted technologies. RIP HDMI, SD cards, and more.
Apple today reworked its notebook line, boosting the touch-ability of the MacBook Pro line with a new Touch Bar -- and boosting prices.
Microsoft's throwing a bit of shade at its competition by offering a trade-in program for Mac owners who may have wanted more from Apple's new MacBook lineup.
Is Apple sacrificing the MacBook Air for the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and iPad Pro? It sure feels like it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTTester AnalystACT
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD