Microsoft has, as planned, removed the download for the release candidate of Windows 7, the next major update to Microsoft Windows.
Notebooks - News
Microsoft will offer Windows 7's ribbon-style application interface to Windows Vista users in an update this October, according to the company.
The dominance of low-cost netbooks could be threatened by an emerging category of ultrathin laptops, which could compete on features and price, analysts said.
Microsoft plans to backport a "ribbon" user interface feature it introduced in Windows 7 to Windows Vista, according to the company's developer Web site.
What's better than a rumor about one Apple tablet? A rumor about two. That's right, not one, but two Apple tablets could come either this year or early next year.
Microsoft will turn off the download spigot for Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) on Thursday around 11 a.m. ET, the company confirmed on Tuesday.
A mistaken offer in Apple's online store on Wednesday could signal that the company's latest Mac operating system, code-named Snow Leopard, is primed for launch as early as next week.
Lenovo on Tuesday announced a thin, low-cost desktop -- also called a nettop -- that provides graphics capabilities usually delivered by full-sized desktops.
Asus and Apple were the most reliable PC vendors in the U.S. during the second quarter this year, according to a survey released by Rescuecom on Tuesday.
Those wanting to try out Microsoft's next OS before its official release need to act fast: The download period for the Windows 7 Release Candidate ends Thursday.
Lenovo is offering to replace certain batteries sold with its ThinkPad line of laptops, warning users that they may be permanently damaged due to errors.
Lawyers for the Mac clone maker fighting with Apple over copyright infringement charges have taken testimony from Philip Schiller, Apple's head of marketing, and will depose other executives next week, said Florida-based Psystar yesterday.
When a light-weight box arrived on my desk recently from Toshiba Corp., I immediately figured I had a new solid-state disk (SSD) drive to review. In fact, it was an SSD -- a whopping 500GB drive wrapped in a laptop that tipped the scales at a mere 2....
According to Gizmodo, an insider has revealed that the Apple tablet is indeed real, and mostly what people are expecting: A 10-inch touch-screen tablet running the iPhone OS, priced somewhere between $700-$900. However, there's a twist. The tablet ca...
Apple has wrapped up work on Snow Leopard, the Mac OS X operating system upgrade, and may release it earlier than expected, according to numerous reports on the Web.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSystems AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Nexus 9k ACINSW
- FTSecurity Manager (Adviser)ACT
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip organisationNSW
- CCDocument Scanning OfficerACT
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTDirector, Centre for Cyber Security SolutionsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Digital & agileNSW
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst-InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Reports EditorQLD
- FTService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCOracle Middleware Production SupportACT
- FTICT Account Manager / ICT Client Services ManagerQLD