The long arm of the Internet gets a bit more nimble as Steam introduces a section for recent reviews and a new 30-day aggregate score.
Notebooks - News
CIO.com's Sarah White compares two of today's top of the line tablets that are designed to replace your laptop. Do they fit the bill?
Jon, Melissa and Gordon discuss the meaning of the hottest tech news this week, from big changes at Intel to disappointingly small changes to the 12-inch MacBook.
I guess this makes Infinite Warfare objectively one notch better than Star Wars Battlefront.
How to recover data from a corrupt hard drive or SSD with no backup on Mac: How to delete corrupted files on external Mac drive
Hard drives, SSDs and even external drives are pretty reliable. However, in the unlikely event of a crash you'll need to know how to recover or delete your data, and hopefully not put your hands above your head and prepare for impact. Read on to find...
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
HP's new Chromebook 13 has some of the latest technologies that the company is putting in its top-line Windows PCs.
Acer is firing on all cylinders with its powerful new Predator gaming PCs, which can also provide the processing power for virtual reality headsets.
Intel's rise and fall in tablets are starting to resemble the company's misadventures in netbooks less than a decade ago.
The 12-inch MacBook gets a processor and graphics boost, as well as a new color choice.
Computerworld's Lucas Mearian shows how to quickly install the new SSD from Other World Computing into a MacBook Pro Retina laptop.
You can buy the NexDock, a laptop that's actually powered by your phone, today. But it's more intriguing as a concept of what tomorrow could look like.
Microsoft says its Signature Type Cover for the Surface Pro 4 is “unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.”
You can pack LG's latest laptop with its charger and still have less weight in your bag than with a 13-inch ultraportable.
Here's what Nvidia's monstrous new Pascal GPU looks like under the hood. Let's dive into the tech specs.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Lenovo's ThinkPad P71 will work with HTC, Oculus VR headsets
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystACT
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- CCICT Strategist and AdvisorNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystsSA
- FTSenior Developer/DevOpsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Security AnalystACT
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT