The ASUS G51J 3D gaming notebook bears an illuminated ASUS Republic of Gamers badge on its lid, so you know from the outset that it's not designed for pedestrian computing activities. It's one of the few gaming notebooks currently on the market that ...
Notebooks - Reviews
The Fujitsu LifeBook SH530 is a flashy looking notebook that's perfect for users who want to stand out from the crowd. It's a 13.3in laptop that weighs a shade over 2kg and it ships with plenty of features around its edges and lots of grunt under its...
The ASUS K52Jr (K52JR-SX070V) is a solid 15.6in notebook with an entry-level Intel Core i3 CPU, a discrete graphics card and a large hard drive. It makes for a decent desktop replacement-style computer for office and media tasks, and it's also a reas...
With a small, 13in frame, a DVD burner tucked in its side and a powerful Intel Core i5-430M CPU under the hood, the Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 (PSU9NA-00600N) has all the hallmarks of a potentially great business notebook. However, it's let down a re...
The Acer Aspire 8943G (ZYA) is a ridiculously big notebook that you'll either love or hate for its outlandishness. It has a massive 18.4in Full HD screen and plenty of horsepower under the hood. It's designed to be a comprehensive desktop replacement...
The Samsung R590-JS02AU looks good, feels sturdy and performs well. It's a 15.6in desktop replacement-style notebook with a fast Intel Core i5 CPU and plenty of memory and storage capacity. However, it's practically the same as the Samsung R580 noteb...
The Dell XPS 17 (1710X) is a desktop replacement notebook that's primed for use as a gaming laptop, a media centre or a mobile workstation -- the best part is it costs well under $2000! It's a versatile Dell notebook with a 17.3in touchscreen and a h...
Toshiba's Satellite C650/01E (PSC12A-01E00T) notebook is targeted at people who are on a budget. It has a far from spectacular configuration, but it's actually a very nice laptop with all the essentials you need to run office applications, rip CDs, g...
With plenty of style, a thin frame and a built-in DVD burner, the 14in ASUS PL80J is a good purchase for anyone who wants a notebook that's easy to carry but doesn't sacrifice features. Add good battery life and performance into the mix and you've go...
It's a little hard to believe a notebook as well-featured as the Medion Akoya P6624 (MD98390) can be purchased for $899. It has excellent graphics performance for an inexpensive notebook and there's no doubt that it's one of the cheapest gaming noteb...
Since Lenovo bought IBM's PC and notebook business, not much of the ThinkPad's iconic design has changed, and this is a good thing. The Lenovo ThinkPad T510 notebook has the same business-like look, the same sturdy build quality, and most of the feat...
The HP ProBook 6550b is a 2.6kg, 15.6in notebook designed for business users who want something solidly built and fully featured. It has everything from a built-in DVD burner to a FireWire port, and you even get a 56Kbps modem and a serial port, whic...
Samsung's Q330-JS03AU is an attractive, sub-2kg 13.3in laptop that's slim, well-featured and competitively priced. It's the perfect size for users who want a notebook that's easy to carry around but has a roomy design. The configuration of the notebo...
MSI's FX600 is a stylish, well built and comfortable 15.6in laptop that's suitable for work and play. It's available exclusively from Officeworks and is designed to offer a mixture of good graphics performance and long battery life through the use of...
If you absolutely must own a decent tablet PC, then you should consider Fujitsu's LifeBook TH700. It's a notebook with a tablet-convertible 12.1in screen that uses Wacom dual digitiser technology so that you can interact with it either by using your ...
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS FX503 review: An ROG Notebook By Any Other Name
- 2 HP Envy x360 (Ryzen 5) review: Power over portability
- 3 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 4 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 5 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Music Producer Takes Microsoft Surface Into The Clouds For Australian First Performance at 3,000ft
- HP double down on premium style for modern workforce PCs
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject Manager - eFormsQLD
- CCChange Analyst-TransformationNSW
- CCOffice 365 Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationACT
- CCJunior ? Mid Level Test LeadQLD
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- CCCommunications AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java/AWS/NoSQL)Other
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Program ManagerOther
- TPMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTSales ConsultantsSA
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCCommunication OfficerNSW
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - RFTVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | $971/dayQLD
- FTUX & Research SpecialistOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTFull stack DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Agile BAOther