Toshiba's Qosmio notebooks have gone through many design phases in their short history.
Notebooks - Reviews
ViewSonic's ViewBook VNB120 is an ultra-low voltage ultraportable notebook with a 12.1in screen and a 1.2GHz Intel Celeron SU2300 dual-core CPU. It weighs 1.6kg, runs Windows 7 Starter and it performs very smoothly when undertaking everyday tasks, bu...
The HP Mini 5102 is a netbook designed with business users in mind. It has an anodised aluminium lid and its sturdy design places it a rung above most other netbooks on the market. It also looks good and, contrary to popular belief, business users ap...
The Dell Inspiron 11z notebook has a low price tag, a thin profile and an 11.6in screen -- it could easily be mistaken for an Intel Atom-powered netbook. Its dual-core Pentium processor is significantly more powerful than a netbook's CPU, and its hig...
Dell's Vostro 3700 is a 17.3in business notebook that's aimed at small business users who are looking for a large, affordable desktop replacement. It packs plenty of performance into its sturdy chassis for everyday office and online communications ta...
The HP Mini 210 (NB-210-1017TU_01) is a 10in netbook with plenty of style. It looks and feels different to the netbook it replaces -- the HP Mini 110 -- but it still performs like a netbook. It offers a very solid keyboard with isolated (island-style...
Toshiba's NB300 is a 10in netbook with a slim frame, a long battery life and an advanced Sleep-and-Charge USB port. It's an almost perfect netbook for travellers thanks to these features, but even students and business users who are in the market for...
Fujitsu's LifeBook SH760 may not look like a powerhouse notebook, but inside its tiny frame are a high-end Intel Core i7 CPU, a USB 3.0 controller chip, a decent NVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics card and 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Despite the formidable specs, it ...
Toshiba's Satellite M500 (PSMKCA-009007) is a 14in, fully featured notebook that's suitable for business and home users alike. It has a dual-core Core 2 Duo CPU, modern ports and slots and a surprisingly good speaker system for a notebook of its size...
MSI's CR620 is a 16in desktop replacement notebook that costs just $1199. It comes equipped with an Intel Core i3-330M CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GB hard drive, so it will perform just fine when running office applications and even more taxing t...
ViewSonic's ViewBook Pro one of the rare ultraportable laptops to have a built-in optical drive along with a competitive price -- it costs only $1349. A DVD burner is installed in the right side of the notebook and it's a refreshing change compared t...
The ASUS N61Ja is a 16in notebook with a fast Core i5-430M CPU and a lot of modern features. In fact, it's the first notebook we've seen to sport a USB 3.0 port. It's a hefty laptop that weighs 2.7kg and it's best suited as a desktop replacement. Wit...
It may look big and bulky, but Samsung's R580 is a 16in notebook that's surprisingly light. It weighs only 2.5kg and it feels very well built; it also looks stunning in its gradated, burgundy colour. While it's best suited as a desktop replacement, y...
Like its Italian namesake, the ASUS Lamborghini VX5 needs little introduction. Over the past few years, we've reviewed a suite of these ultra-deluxe notebooks, with each new model impressing on the performance front, but bombing out when it comes to ...
HP's Pavilion dm3-101tu (VV707PA) is a 13.3in notebook with good speed, long battery life, a strong yet lean body, and an affordable price tag.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Asus debuts the first-ever Ryzen laptop with a mobile Radeon surprise, too
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer/ DesignerOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- CCIT Service Desk SupportSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- FTContracts Admin/ Commercial Analyst- NSW Government backgroundOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- PTPart-time Cisco EngineerWA
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCPerformance TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - VirtualisationVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther