The entry-level 2016 MacBook Pro—the one without a Touch Bar—compromises on graphics, ports, and RAM speed.
Notebooks - Reviews
It’s an incremental update, but Dell’s latest XPS 13 gets a decent performance boost from Kaby Lake and enhanced graphics support.
Smart cases for tablets always seem to sound much better than they are - especially when a keyboard in involved. The increased bulk and the requirement to keep them charged can be a pain.
We've seen some enormous gaming laptops lately. There's been the Asus ROG G752 OC Edition and the even-faster MSI GT73VR Titan. But both of these behemoths are portable in name only. We've not seen a properly powerful portable notebook for a good...
Apple's newest Mac packs a strip of iOS-style contextual controls into the Touch Bar. There's also a new keyboard and four Thunderbolt 3 ports.
We've seen this 'one device for everything' movie before, and it ends just as badly this time
MSI's fully loaded GT73VR Titan gaming laptop is faster than many desktop PCs.
Lenovo’s Yoga Book is for the scribblers of the world. Its huge touch surface and special pen help users create written content digitally, taking fuller advantage of the stylus- and touch-friendly Windows 10 than any other device has.
HP's Elite x3 combines amazing hardware, tremendous battery life, a stellar Continuum experience, and support for older Win32 apps. Whether that's enough to buoy Microsoft's vision remains to be seen.
High-end parts make this ultra-portable laptop fly along. But there aren't many ports to use.
The good news here is that we're not paying a premium over the US here. There's no Nice Beaches Tax.
With an OLED display and an NVMe SSD, the Lenovo X1 Yoga delivers rich colors and top-notch performance.
This versatile and robust iPad Pro keyboard case has a few shortcomings, but it does the job.
The City Backpack is a very compact, laptop-optimised rucksack. It’s inconspicuous in appearance, has a heap of specialist pockets and sleeves and is almost tardis-like in it’s carrying abilities.
The Predator 17X gives you desktop gaming performance without a noise penalty.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Asus debuts the first-ever Ryzen laptop with a mobile Radeon surprise, too
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst (Cognos/TM1)Other
- FTIT TrainerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCLeas Technical AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTResource /Operations AnalystOther
- FTService Desk AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTService Desk AnalystOther
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW