MSI's GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop isn't the company's largest laptop but it can still play games. It offers a decent blaance between portability and power (and also price).
Notebooks - Slideshows
Asus Zenbook 3 is a colourful ultraportable that feels exceptionally well built and is aimed at the corporate market. It's not cheap but it packs in quality features, promising decent battery life in a 12.5-inch product that you can carry around in a handbag if necessary.
We’ve seen some absolutely massive gaming laptops from MSI but then they’ve had things like SLI graphics and mechanical, desktop keyboards embedded.
We’ve seen a few Aussie ultraportable lappies lately but this is the cheapest. Is it the best?
Venom is a global laptop company based in Australia and we’ve been impressed with its products (like the Venom Blackbook 15X and the Blackbook 13 Zero) before. It’s built up a sizeable, cult following quite simply because it believes in making the best computers with no compromises.
VR demos, a backpack PC, crazy case mods, dragons, the best names, MSI had it all.
If there's one manufacturer that embraces Computex to its fullest every year it's Asus. Not only does the company show off it's latest and greatest tech but often crazy ideas that might never see the light of day. We love it.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, maybe.)
Perhaps a “Surface Pro 4” will debut at the same time or soon after Windows 10 launches. Here’s what we’d like to see in the Surface Pro 4.
A size that's only just bigger than an A4 sheet of paper is just the beginning for this sleek Ultrabook, which we think is one of the best looking laptops on the market.
Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
Later this week, Microsoft is expected to reveal more details about Windows 10. But why wait for Microsoft’s announcement? Here’s what we think is coming.
Computex 2014 was riddled with knock-off smartwatches, phones, tablets, headphones, televisions and even one company who is trying to cash in on another brand. Here is a collection of our favourites.
Here are some of the best Windows-based laptops we've reviewed so far in 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Asus ROG teases the world's first AMD Ryzen laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- CCDisaster Recovery SpecialistQLD
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTData Analyst - BIQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW