Microsoft’s new metro-style Start screen is getting all the buzz, but for IT administrators there are many new network-related features and changes in both Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 to be aware of.
Notebooks - Slideshows
15 Products Google Has Killed
With demand for Apple products seemingly at an all-time high in Australia, the company behind the wildly popular iPhone, iPad and MacBook products unveiled another dedicated Apple Story in Sydney's Broadway district.
We unbox Apple's latest creation, the impressive MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple unveiled an updated MacBook line, more Mountain Lion features, iOS 6, and a smarter Siri. Here are some photos and recaps of Monday's WWDC keynote.
Apple rolled out major upgrades for both of its main notebooks today at WWDC. Here’s a quick look at the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
The ASUS G75VW Republic of Gamers laptop is designed for users who want a portable gaming machine with attitude! It has a quality build that feels really solid and it sports a third generation Intel Core i7 (Ivy Bridge) CPU.
Acer is the first vendor so far to come out with a 15in Ultrabook that also uses discrete graphics; and they're not just any old graphics either. The Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 uses a brand spanking new NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics adapter that can even handle the likes of Battlefield 3. You could say it's a gamers Ultrabook!
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
With a third generation Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU in its engine room, the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 530 is a cutting edge laptop with a ton of horsepower that's suitable for pretty much any home or small business computing task. It has a good all-round configuration, including a discrete, mid-range graphics adapter. Along with boring (but necessary) office tasks, it can be a more than adequate gaming machine.
Here are eight ways that you can customise your installation of Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
HP's new EliteBook Folio 9470m is a 14in Ultrabook designed for business users. It features docking capabilities, integrated mobile broadband and it ships with what HP claims is a "full set of EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection".
HP's ENVY Spectre XT has an all-metal design and is said to be only 14.5mm thick. It features a third generation Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM, a 13.3in screen, a 128GB solid state drive (SSD) and a weight of about 1.4kg.
Nano-transistors powering big gains in power, efficiency
Good Gear Guide traveled to Bangkok, Thailand to take a look at the 2012 Samsung Forum, where all the company's latest and greatest products were on display.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
- Asus debuts the first-ever Ryzen laptop with a mobile Radeon surprise, too
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPrincipal ArchitectACT
- FTDatabase AdministraotrOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTIT Support officer- Service Desk AP3 & APS4ACT
- CCSystems TesterNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Delivery Lead - BillingVIC
- FTUser Experience Specialist (UX)ACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- FTSoftware Developer - C#VIC
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Applications Security ConsultantOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DesignerOther