Apple unveiled an updated MacBook line, more Mountain Lion features, iOS 6, and a smarter Siri. Here are some photos and recaps of Monday's WWDC keynote.
Notebooks - Slideshows
Apple rolled out major upgrades for both of its main notebooks today at WWDC. Here’s a quick look at the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
The ASUS G75VW Republic of Gamers laptop is designed for users who want a portable gaming machine with attitude! It has a quality build that feels really solid and it sports a third generation Intel Core i7 (Ivy Bridge) CPU.
Acer is the first vendor so far to come out with a 15in Ultrabook that also uses discrete graphics; and they're not just any old graphics either. The Aspire Timeline Ultra M3 uses a brand spanking new NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics adapter that can even handle the likes of Battlefield 3. You could say it's a gamers Ultrabook!
Tech companies are out in force at CeBIT Australia 2012, showing off everything from desktops and laptops to printers, storage and networking products.
With a third generation Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU in its engine room, the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 530 is a cutting edge laptop with a ton of horsepower that's suitable for pretty much any home or small business computing task. It has a good all-round configuration, including a discrete, mid-range graphics adapter. Along with boring (but necessary) office tasks, it can be a more than adequate gaming machine.
Here are eight ways that you can customise your installation of Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
HP's new EliteBook Folio 9470m is a 14in Ultrabook designed for business users. It features docking capabilities, integrated mobile broadband and it ships with what HP claims is a "full set of EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection".
HP's ENVY Spectre XT has an all-metal design and is said to be only 14.5mm thick. It features a third generation Intel Core i5 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM, a 13.3in screen, a 128GB solid state drive (SSD) and a weight of about 1.4kg.
Nano-transistors powering big gains in power, efficiency
Good Gear Guide traveled to Bangkok, Thailand to take a look at the 2012 Samsung Forum, where all the company's latest and greatest products were on display.
The HP Envy 15 is a 15in laptop with a ton of style, and good dollop of substance as well. It features an Intel Core i7-2670QM quad-core CPU at its helm, and it's surrounded by 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM, dual graphics (integrated Intel and AMD Radeon HD 7690M adapters) and 750GB WD hard drive.
Prices for small and large laptops alike have come down significantly and there are plenty of bargains to be had this holiday season
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
A big laptop with good speed that costs $899.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSystems EngineerACT
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- FTSenior Java Applications DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectWA
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution Designer (Teradata) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTfinance Project Manager (Workforce Management)NSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCDB2 System ProgrammerVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCHyperion SpecialistQLD
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- FTBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT