If money is no object, then you're obviously not working in journalism. But if your wallet is bulging and you aren't planning on blowing your cash on over-priced pints from North Sydney pubs, then you might be interested in the following seven notebooks, all of which are sure to glean jealous glances from your co-workers.
Notebooks - Slideshows
We may not have the Black Friday specials seen in the US, but we've rounded up some great bargains including budget GPS devices from TomTom and a great deal on the Nokia Navigator smart phone. Plus we unearth savings on HP's quality inkjet multifunction printer, digital camera and notebook PC too.
Grab yourself a bargain as we begin the countdown to Christmas! This week you can choose from two great Panasonic and Nikon digital cameras, a large and powerful Dell notebook, a Sony Full HD camcorder, the latest TomTom GPS units, a Nokia smartphone and much, much more!
Microsoft put eye-catching hardware on display at last week's Windows 7 launch event. From netbooks and ultrathins to standard-size laptops and All-in-One touchscreen PCs, here's a closer look at some of the shiniest new Windows 7 machines.
Alienware has announced the availability of five new gaming systems for the Australian market. Among the new models are a powerful 15in gaming notebook -- the Alienware M15x -- as well as four liquid-cooled Intel Core i7-equipped desktop systems.
Pick up Windows 7, grab a stylish smartphone, and more!
Windows 7 is finally here, leaping off retail shelves in little blue- and green- and black-lined plastic containers. This time the launch had no Hamish and Andy, or Rove to spruik the software, and no Rolling Stones or Rogue Traders to start up the party. This time Microsoft decided to let Windows 7's speak for itself — with less whiz, more bang.
Midnight buyer snags Windows 7 Home Premium
There’s something about the laptop that encourages experimentation--and competition. Manufacturers start trying to figure out how thin they can make their latest model, and pretty soon they’re in a full-scale, enter-the-Octagon battle for the title of World’s Slimmest Laptop.
Snag an LCD TV and a media streamer to go with it, a portable photo printer or an external hard drive
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
Gear up for the long weekend with a smokin' plasma TV deal and more!
This week you can grab some great bargains -- a 50in Full HD plasma TV for under $2000, a cheap laptop, a bargain GPS and a cut-price TiVo bundle!
Sony Australia showed off its latest VAIO X series notebook yesterday at a press launch in Sydney. Although no technical specifications were revealed -- and we tried to sneak a look at them -- we were lucky enough to get our hands on a production model.
We take a look at the new range of stylish Acer touch-screen laptops, as well as a lightweight projector, a touch-screen LCD monitor and a desktop PC
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Android struggling in tablets as Windows 10 2-in-1s come on strong
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Book, a Windows 10 tablet aimed at the Surface-curious
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst X 2 vacancies- Digital TransformationNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Change Analyst/ Change ManagerNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (Level 2 &3 )NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager Retail Supply Chain OptimisationVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure Test Lead - Contract 6-8 wks initially - IT Services - North RydeNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- CCProject MangerWA
- CCCognos Report WriterQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Engineer, UI focus, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/UATVIC