Apple would be smart to make good on speculation about new iPad screen sizes, but don't expect the recent slump in tablet sales to end, analysts said.
Samsung will be bringing a new tablet to Mobile World Congress this year, the first update to the flagship Galaxy Tab S line in nearly 18 months.
Smart cases for tablets always seem to sound much better than they are - especially when a keyboard in involved. The increased bulk and the requirement to keep them charged can be a pain.
Apple and Samsung are the tablet leaders, even though the market continues to decline overall.
We go hands-on with Lenovo's three add-on hardware modules for the ThinkPad X1 Tablet, and find that they just don't live up to the thoughtful design of the tablet itself.
This versatile and robust iPad Pro keyboard case has a few shortcomings, but it does the job.
Huawei released the Matebook, the latest 12-inch hybrid tablet aimed at changing the way you perform daily computing tasks. However, this device is bigger on looks than it is on brains.
Some 9.7-inch iPad Pro units are showing "Error 56" when updated to iOS 9.3.2, rendering the device unusable. Apple will need to issue an update.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet bumps up to Android 6.0.1, while the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge score the latest security updates.
HP's Chromebook 11 G4 stands out among affordable Chromebooks. You can't expect all the components to be top-of-the-line, but it offers impressive performance and quality for the price.
A new report from IDC tracks the tablet's ongoing decline, while detachable tablets like Microsoft's Surface rise in popularity. Now smartphone vendors are getting into the act, applying their mobile acumen to compete with PC vendors.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Everything we think we know about Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S3
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTConsultant - Warehouse/ LogisticsVIC
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD