When you switch from a Mac to a Windows PC, one of the undisputed advantages is the bottomless trove of games. Here are pointers to the best resources.
Notebooks - Tutorials
Incorporating your iPhone and iPad into your new life with Windows is easy.
No esc key? No problem. Just reassign its functionality to another key.
OWC earlier this month began offering the industry’s only PCIe SSD for upgrading MacBook Pro Retina laptops built since late 2012. The new drive gives you up to eight times what the factory SSD offered in capacity.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Here we highlight six ways to use multiple displays with a laptop, including a couple of portable solutions suited to traveling executives and alternatives for employees working from a laptop-based workstation.
The MacBook Air has won over a large number of Apple laptop users. But in order to offer such extreme portability, the MacBook Air comes with a few tradeoffs. One of those tradeoffs is with the flash storage — it's fast, but it's expensive, and...
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for over a year now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent Sandy Bridge architecture...
People often ask us which version of Windows they should purchase for their new PC build. Generally speaking Windows 7 Home Premium Edition has everything that most end users would need for normal day-to-day usage of their PC. There is no use in payi...
Reader Bballgurl84life's laptop battery isn't charging.
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
Picture this: You're sitting down
Keyboard shortcuts are wonderful time-savers but many of us are either too accustomed to the mouse or too lazy to get beyond Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
With all the many reasons to use Linux today -- particularly in a business setting --it's often a relatively easy decision to give Windows the boot. What can be more difficult, however, is deciding which of the hundreds of Linux distributions out the...
QUESTION: I want to use touch to control my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. Is it as simple as plugging in a touchscreen display? I'd also like to view a 3D image - will I need a new graphics card?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- Why Microsoft's ARM-based Windows 10 laptops still have a lot to prove
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst, BankingOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTPayroll Project ManagerOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTFunctional Support Consultant - Metering / Billing SystemsOther
- CCAutomation Test Analyst Guidewire QLD
- TPData Analyst/MungerVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC