In the two years since the company’s business and consumer divisions parted ways, HP has made no secret of the fact that it wants to be seen - and taken seriously - as not just a known-quality in the PC space but as an brand still capable of innovation and still able to surprise. Especially within the premium PC space.
Even if the Acer Spin 5 does offer a fair bit of value for the price, it’s all but defined by its caveats.
Lenovo celebrated twenty-five years of cutting edge design and engineering innovation at a special milestone event held last week.
Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
Over 100,000 tuned in online to this morning’s Google Event to get a first look at how the tech giant will topping last year’s stunning debut in the hardware space. By the end, this saw The Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max speakers officially unveiled.
A convertible PC that delivers pretty close to the high-level of performance and form-factor it promises - even if the inferior battery life does hold it back from being a slam dunk.
Huawei’s challenge to Microsoft, Samsung and Apple in the premium tablet market, the MateBook, is an impressive little unit at first glance but will it be able to take on the established players and gain market share?
A new 6th-gen CPU, a new NVMe SSD, and USB-C make the refreshed XPS 13 more than a minor upgrade.
HP’s EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 Special Edition notebook has a 12.5in screen and weighs 1.04kg. That size and weight combination is a point of emphasis for this laptop, in addition to a strong build quality. Construction materials include magnesium-lithium alloy and carbon fibre, and there is a spill resistant keyboard with a drain installed to help counter those early morning coffee spills.
Finding the right laptop should be about feel and comfort as much as it is about specs. For many of us, the specs don’t matter that much. What we value most in a Windows-based laptop is easy portability, good keys, connectivity features, and something that can run basic tasks without much hassle. It could be said that the Asus ZenBook UX305 is appealing because of these factors.
Despite being a two-piece hybrid device that can be used as both notebook and tablet, HP’s Elite x2 feels more like a heavy notebook of old when you first pick it up and start using it. It’s of a small size (11.6 inches) and it has the sturdy build that HP is known for in its business laptops, but it could stand to be lighter given that it runs one of Intel’s silent-running Core M processors.
Dell’s Early 2015 version of the XPS 13 has undergone some changes compared to last year’s model, with the most notable change being a screen frame that’s only 5mm thick at the sides and across the top. It’s an efficient use of space that makes this 13.3in laptop one of the most compact on the market for its screen size, and it looks beautiful to boot.
Acer’s Aspire R13 is designed as a convertible laptop that can also be used as a tablet. Its screen flips all the way around on its hinge to facilitate the laptop-to-tablet transformation, and it’s a design that’s neat and to the point. But we did notice a few issues that are disappointing for a product with a $1999 asking price.
The last time we saw a 2-in-1 Toshiba Portege (the Z10t back in August 2013), we had a few concerns: its keyboard dock was unreliable during our tests, its battery life was short, and we found its configuration to be too noisy for our liking. Fast forward a couple of years and the Z20t is a brand new beast that rectifies a lot of what was questionable about the Z10t.
Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook is back, and its design has largely reverted back to a business-classic status that should please long-time fans of the brand.
Need a central and secure storage device to store important digital content for you and your family? Read this working mum's review to find out more.
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Why there was no Transformers: Dark of the Moon product tie-in from Lenovo
- Samsung unveils its minimalist N310 mini notebook (updated)
- Sony's ultra-slim laptop surfaces in Berlin
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTICT Systems Support OfficerQLD
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Manager Desktop OperationsOther
- TPSAP Migration Module LeadNSW
- FTDesktop TechnicianSA
- FTNetwork and Telecommunications ArchitectOther
- FTProject Manager - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior IT Business AnalystOther
- TPFull Stack Developer - AWSNSW
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- TPInfrastructural DesignerNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneACT
- CCIteration Manager - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCSystems / Storage EngineerWA
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystOther
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Office 365QLD