Still upset about Windows Vista? Don't worry. According to Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, it should all be over soon.
Partner Zones - News
Microsoft has dropped two strong hints in the past two days that the next version of its Windows operating system will arrive in 2009, shaving up to a year off previous expectations.
New PC market figures from IDC show strong consumer notebook sales and education spending in the desktop space made the last quarter of 2007 the strongest PC quarter of the year.
Microsoft is synonymous with the ubiquitous Windows operating system. But its Microsoft Office productivity suite pulls in more revenue than any version of Windows. Competition from Web-hosted productivity applications like Google Docs, and Zoho Offi...
Google Australia has announced the launch of gDay, a new beta search technology that will search web pages 24 hours before they are created.
When the iPhone went on sale in the U.S. last June, many observers predicted that it would ignite sales in the broader smartphone market. After nine months on sale here, and its more recent rollout in parts of Europe, it is now clear that the iPhone ...
Intel, STMicroelectronics and investment firm Francisco Partners LP Monday closed a deal to create an independent flash memory chip business.
The security researcher who walked away with US$10,000 last week by hacking a MacBook Air in less than two minutes said he chose to attack Apple's operating system for one simple reason.
Adobe is working on an update to its Flash Player software that will address a widespread vulnerability found on hundreds of thousands of Web sites.
The massive attacks against hundreds of thousands of Web pages that started earlier this month has spread to some of the Internet's most prominent US sites, including those for USA Today, ABC News, Target and Wal-Mart, researchers said Friday.
The MacBook Air went first; a tiny Fujitsu laptop running Vista was hacked on the last day of the contest; but it was Linux, running on a Sony Vaio, that remained undefeated as conference organizers ended a three-way computer hacking challenge Friday...
In a move likely to appeal to the growing number of companies looking to add video to their web sites, YouTube Wednesday rolled out a tool that can closely monitor how uploaded videos are used.
Microsoft will release Windows XP Service Pack 3 during the second half of April, according to a report from a Web site that has correctly predicted recent Windows ship dates.
In an attempt to improve computer performance, Sun Microsystems is working on technology to let chips communicate using lasers instead of electricity, in what would be a break from conventional computer design.
Microsoft is offering free support to any Windows Vista user experiencing problems with installing Service Pack 1 (SP1), according to a company spokesman.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- With Larrabee chip, Intel takes swing at AMD, Nvidia
- 'World's cheapest laptop' now available
- Intel slashes chip prices up to 31 per cent
- AMD takes on Intel with its own low-power chip
- Intel to shrink Centrino 2 chips for thinner laptops
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW