MSI always puts on an impressive Computex stand and this year was no different.
One of our favourite things at Computex is the mental weirdness that exemplifies technological evolution.
Gigabyte kept their main products away from the public - giving select access to media and partners.
Here's what eight SSDs in RAID 0 looks like on the new Core i9 platform.
The ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard is a full $100 more than other Z270 chipset motherboards.
A team of researchers from security vendor Cylance demonstrated a proof-of-concept ransomware program that ran inside a motherboard's Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).
The Z170X is our new test rig. As such it’s ground zero for our latest motherboard coverage and the benchmark against which everything else will be tested.
The Asus ROG GT51CA gaming rig has a new feature: a wearable ROG Band wristband that can unlock a hidden drive partition or activate overclocking. The wearable's other purposes seem limited, though.
Intel introduced the mini-STX motherboard design in August as the 5x5, and now hardware makers are picking up the torch.
The Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H sure is a hard model name to remember when your friends ask you which motherboard you just bought. Instead, just tell them you've bought one of the best value for money AMD-based motherboards on the market.
The claim to fame of the MSI Big Bang Fuzion is its ability to run graphics cards from opposing camps (NVidia and AMD) in parallel using its "Hydra Engine". Apart from that, it is a nice motherboard targeted at the higher mid-range segment considering all the extras contained within the box. It supports the LGA1156 socket which means all mainstream Intel Core i5/i7 processors.
The MSI P55-GD80 PC motherboard supports mainstream Intel Core i5/i7 processors that use the Intel LGA1156 socket. It performs in line with what we expected, offers the features you'd expect and some more pleasantly surprising extras.
Asus today released its new M4A78-HTPC Series motherboards that are developed specifically for use in Home Theatre Personal Computers (HTPCs). According to a press release, the M4A78-HTPC Series motherboards are based on the AMD 780G chipset, which integrates HDMI/DVI support to display HD videos. The board also incorporates ASUS Absolute Pitch Hi-Fi and DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC Technology, for sound enhancement.
The ASUS Rampage II Gene is a microATX motherboard that features Intel’s latest X58 Express chipset for Core i7 CPUs (central processing units). It’s essentially a ‘Mini Me’ version of the ASUS Rampage II Extreme -- a regular ATX board with familiar specifications. (This is reflected by the Gene’s near-identical packaging; albeit in a shrunk down form.)
There's much to like about the P5Q3 Deluxe, which is a motherboard that makes use of Intel's P45 chipset. It's a fully-featured board that's perfect for a mid-level or high-end system, but it runs DDR3 memory, which means you probably won't be able to use your existing RAM if you're planning an upgrade. However, DDR3 isn't too expensive these days.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- UEFI flaws can be exploited to install highly persistent ransomware
- The Asus ROG GT51CA has a weird ROG Band wearable that unlocks a hidden hard drive
- The first PC hardware based on Intel's itty-bitty new mini-STX motherboards appear
- Asus launches new HTPC motherboards
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPlatform/DevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer/Team LeaderNSW
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTContract ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Microsoft Dynamics AXQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Engineer (Rail/Control Signals) - 168342/ 168335 AROther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTSoftware Developer - Web ApplicationsOther
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTLead Android DeveloperOther
- CCMultiple Project Managers - Networks - TelcoVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - PermanentWA
- FTDirector ICT Programme Management Office – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther