AMD has dispelled most of the rumors around the confusing performance of its Ryzen CPU, clearing Windows 10 and other software from blame.
PC Components - News
Nvidia's new Game Ready driver improves GeForce cards' DirectX 12 performance by an average of 16 percent.
We were told by AMD that we’d have to set memory timings manually with the new Ryzen platform but, at least with Gigabyte’s AM4 motherboards, we don’t have to.
In a room cordoned off from the Mobile World Congress audience, Samsung was showing off untethered headsets that operates independent of smartphones.
To make way for the beastly GTX 1080 Ti, Nvidia announced a price cut for the GTX 1080, the former GeForce champion.
Don't buy an AM4 motherboard for your AMD Ryzen processor until you read this.
Qualcomm has big plans to bring back ARM to Windows 10 PCs, and there is a chance that its Snapdragon 835 could support Windows Holographic for VR headsets.
Intel has teased its 8th generation Core processors, dubbed Coffee Lake, and says they’ll be available this year. Here’s what we know so far about Coffee Lake and Cannon Lake.
Intel passed on the opportunity to make chips for the first iPhone, and in May discontinued Atom smartphone chips after wasting billions trying to get them in handsets. The chip company instead started building a new mobile identity around its modems...
PC prices are going up due to a shortage of a number of components, and the situation isn't expected to change in the coming quarters.
GDC 2017 is shaping up to be a big deal for PC enthusiasts, with both AMD and Nvidia holding special events.
Toshiba is more than a laptop maker, but the vast Japanese conglomerate shrunk on Tuesday under a wave of bad news.
Intel has indicated not one but two new chips—a 14nm chip for desktops, known as Coffee Lake, alongside the 10nm Cannon Lake—will launch sometime before the end of the year.
Intel realizes there's a limit to Moore's Law and is already investing in technologies to drive computing beyond today's PCs and servers.
Upgrading CPU performance hasn't been a priority for Intel in many years, but that could be changing.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD busts Ryzen performance myths, clearing Windows 10 from blame
- Nvidia supercharges GeForce DirectX 12 performance with new Game Ready driver
- Ryzen works with XMP memory profiles
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
- Nvidia slashes GeForce GTX 1080 prices, reveals new overclocked memory options
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerWA
- CCJava/ Guidewire DeveloperQLD
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectSA
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- FTNBN Sales Consultant / Account ManagersSA
- FTOracle Forms PL/SQL Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!SA
- TPDevOps ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSecurity Monitoring SpecialistVIC
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTData Storage Support Consultant (EMC)QLD
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Reports EditorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW