Owners of GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards can now stream Netflix in 4K, if they're willing to tolerate beta software.
PC Components - News
Amazon's offering this factory overclocked GeForce GTX 1050 Ti budget card for just $116 right now.
Intel is forecasting a "slight decline" in its premium chip prices for the remainder of the year, and AMD's Ryzen chips could have played a part in that.
EVGA's rolling out a new version of the GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 with faster 11GHz memory, and a BIOS update lets existing owners join the fun.
If you want a Windows 10 PC that doesn't have an x86 chip from Intel or AMD, your wish will be granted in the fourth quarter.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Samsung is now ready to produce faster and even more power-efficient chips than the ones used in the latest Galaxy S8 smartphones.
After 20 years, Intel is scrapping its marquee annual event called Intel Developer Forum.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
Dumping Moore's Law is perhaps the best thing that could happen to computers, as it'll hasten the move away from an aging architecture holding back hardware innovation.
Foxconn, the Taiwanese electronics manufacturer is best known as the maker of iPhones and iPads for Apple, is said to be preparing a $27 billion bid acquire Toshiba's computer chip assets.
AMD's answer to Ryzen performance problems is the Ryzen Balanced power plan for Windows 10, which promises to boost speed by up to 21 percent.
Nvidia's new Titan Xp takes the performance crown back from the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti—and bestows the graphics card with the name it always should have had.
Getting 8K displays to work with the most fully loaded Windows 10 PCs can be difficult, as Dell is finding out.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Ryzen Pro launch reveals Ryzen 3 details
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTProject Manager (Service Management)SA
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- CCDeveloper - ASP.Net - Sencha Ext JSVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTBizTalk Technical LeadQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTLead UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- CCSolutions Designer / Technology LeadNSW
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- CCPrincipal Java DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD