More DDR memory is on the way, despite many predictions that its time would soon be up.
PC Components - News
AMD's optimization promise for Ryzen appears to be true. Oxide squeezed out about a third more performance from AMD's Ryzen CPUs
Intel could tap a new high-speed interconnect, known as EMIB, to join different chips together to make future CPUs.
Many scientists agree that Moore's Law is dying, but Intel's clinging on to it for dear life. It has been Intel's guiding light to make chips smaller, faster and cheaper, and the company is now revisiting some of the metrics driven by observation.
Researchers have come up with a unique self-assembling technique that could be used to cram more features on smaller chip geometries.
Intel's spanking new high-capacity Optane SSD is cool, but drives from other storage vendors based on the 3D Xpoint technology could be coming later this year.
Intel debuts Optane Memory as a "revolutionary" technology that could make hard drives feel like SSDs, but enthusiasts were hoping for more.
AMD has dispelled most of the rumors around the confusing performance of its Ryzen CPU, clearing Windows 10 and other software from blame.
Nvidia's new Game Ready driver improves GeForce cards' DirectX 12 performance by an average of 16 percent.
We were told by AMD that we’d have to set memory timings manually with the new Ryzen platform but, at least with Gigabyte’s AM4 motherboards, we don’t have to.
In a room cordoned off from the Mobile World Congress audience, Samsung was showing off untethered headsets that operates independent of smartphones.
To make way for the beastly GTX 1080 Ti, Nvidia announced a price cut for the GTX 1080, the former GeForce champion.
Don't buy an AM4 motherboard for your AMD Ryzen processor until you read this.
Qualcomm has big plans to bring back ARM to Windows 10 PCs, and there is a chance that its Snapdragon 835 could support Windows Holographic for VR headsets.
Intel has teased its 8th generation Core processors, dubbed Coffee Lake, and says they’ll be available this year. Here’s what we know so far about Coffee Lake and Cannon Lake.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
- AMD Threadripper exclusive: Only Alienware's Area-51 will have it in 2017
- Intel's revealed the Core i9 ship dates, but you won't like them
- Hands-on: Creative Labs' Sound BlasterX AE-5 ups the audio for gamers
- Logitech's Powerplay mousepad wirelessly charges your mouse while you use it
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCWeb Applications SupportQLD
- FTAgile Technical Business Analyst, Digital, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- TPSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- CCSystems TesterNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application Support ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Procurement Advisor | Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- CCTest Manager - Business IntelligenceNSW
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Service AdministratorNSW