Intel on Wednesday released its fastest laptop processor to date, also setting the stage to release its next generation of chips for mainstream laptops.
PC Components - News
Moore's Law will keep going strong for decades, Intel CTO Justin Rattner predicts.
During the second IDF 2009 keynote, by Sean Maloney (Exec. VP and General Manager of Intel Architecture Group), we were briefly treated to the first public demonstration of Intel's upcoming enthusiast GPU code-named Larrabee. Intel has stated in the ...
The PC industry is set to come out of the most damaging recession in decades as computer shipments begin to pick up, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Scientists at MIT have have used a combination of silicon and gallium nitride, a hard material frequently used in LEDs, to create a hybrid microchip that they say is smaller, faster and more efficient than today's processors.
Intel on Monday sharply criticized the European Commission, which found it guilty of anticompetitive behavior, accusing the regulator of being selective with evidence it looked at and, essentially, setting out to find the company guilty.
In an unusual move, the European Commission unveiled e-mail exchanges between Intel and computer manufacturers that its antitrust officials describe as "smoking gun" evidence from the probe that resulted in the chip maker being fined just over $1.45 ...
Seagate Technology LLC today started shipping a 6Gbit/sec serial ATA hard disk drive, which doubles the throughput of its previous high-end SATA drive.
Intel will show off key products next week that the chip maker hopes will expand its presence in the mobile space, while driving it into new markets.
Japanese chip makers NEC Electronics and Renesas Technology plan to merge by the end of April 2010 to create the world's third-largest chip maker by revenue, with leading market share in microcontrollers and system-on-chip (SoC) products for cars and...
Arm Holdings on Wednesday raised the clock speed of its Cortex A9 processor to 2GHz, with the aim of boosting application performance while drawing less power.
Pillar Data Systems Inc. said this week that it's replacing Intel's X25-E solid state disk (SSD) drive as an option for its storage arrays with a drive from STEC Inc. because of firmware problems with the Intel's drive that lead to performance slowdo...
Sony Australia has just unveiled its latest VAIO notebook at the company's 'Secret Garden' media event at Sun Studios, Sydney. A large range of games, gadgets and home entertainment devices were showcased at the event, but the mysterious 'VAIO X' not...
After introducing what's regarded as the fastest microprocessor in the market to date, Intel rolled up its sleeves and introduced on Thursday its new offerings to the local market, including two new Core i7 processors and the mid-level Core i5 proces...
Microsoft Hong Kong is now recruiting Windows 7 promoters who will be paid US$1,004 each for a day's work in late October when the software giant launches its new OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
- AMD Threadripper exclusive: Only Alienware's Area-51 will have it in 2017
- Intel's revealed the Core i9 ship dates, but you won't like them
- Hands-on: Creative Labs' Sound BlasterX AE-5 ups the audio for gamers
- Logitech's Powerplay mousepad wirelessly charges your mouse while you use it
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTProject - PMO - ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW