Looks like we'll be waiting a little longer for USB 3.0 after all. The Inquirer is reporting that Asus plans to ditch the snazzy USB 3.0-equipped P6X68 mobo that I wrote about last week. The highly anticipated board was to be the worlds first with Su...
PC Components - News
Chip shipments more than doubled in the second quarter compared to the first at contract chip makers United Microelectronics (UMC) of Taiwan and its smaller rival Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) of China, another sign the global chip...
AMD has announced a new flagship model in its line of workstation-class graphics cards, the ATI FirePro V8750. The company has also debuted the S400 genlock and framelock add-on board for use in video editing suites, and announced that its CrossFire ...
Intel said on Wednesday that it will deliver new Atom chips on time later this year, rejecting a report that the chips have been delayed until 2010.
Intel had to hustle to catch up with competitors in developing chips for mobile devices like smartphones, but the effort led to the development of the highly successful Atom chip, a company executive said on Wednesday.
Intel has invested $10 million in five companies that develop technologies to reduce electricity bills and greenhouse gas emissions in homes and data centers, the company said on Wednesday.
Shipments of graphics chips surged during the second quarter, bucking seasonal trends as hardware makers gear up for an expected uptick in PC sales.
Advanced Micro Devices Inc. took another step toward improving its standing against market leader Intel Corp. with last week's disclosure that PC makers plan to use its Athlon Neo chips in low-power desktop products soon.
Advanced Micro Devices narrowed its net loss during the second quarter of 2009 as it slowly inched its way toward profitability after consecutive quarterly losses, the company said Tuesday.
Advanced Micro Devices has added new desktop processors to its chip lineup, including an upgraded quad-core chip that draws less power.
From August onwards, buyers of Zotac's GeForce series of graphics cards will now receive a little bit extra software bundled into the package, besides just the drivers themselves. Labelled "ZOTAC Boost" by the company, the bundle consists of 30-day t...
Samsung Electronics reported its highest quarterly net profit in over two years on Friday as its semiconductor and LCD businesses returned to profitability.
Advanced Micro Devices hit a roadblock on its path to profitability during the second fiscal quarter, with an aging inventory of old chips and falling PC prices holding the company hostage, analysts said on Wednesday.
The long-awaited arrival of USB 3.0, which offers speeds as much as ten times faster than 2.0, is almost over as ASUS has revealed the first motherboard to feature the faster standard.
Taiwan announced a new plan Tuesday to allow its embattled DRAM makers to apply for government bailout funds over the next three months, but the money will come at a price.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Future Intel CPUs could be cobbled together using different parts
- Intel digs deep to keep Moore's Law alive
- MIT researchers set out to create self-assembling chips
- Micron to ship Intel Optane competitor later this year
- Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- TPWintel EngineerVIC
- FTSnr Security Architect - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer - Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTDesign Specialist - TelecomNSW
- FTProgram Manager-SAP Transition, SAP FICO ImplementationNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Change Readiness ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architects - 10 roles availableACT
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC