Intel on Tuesday reported that its net income for the second fiscal quarter of 2009 dropped US$2 billion year-over-year because of the hefty fine imposed on the chip maker by the European Commission.
PC Components - News
Advanced Micro Devices added five more chips to its line of Six-Core Opteron processors on Monday, offering a boost in performance with lower power consumption that current models.
Intel appears ready to deliver, starting next month, new server, laptop and desktop processors based on its new microarchitecture, which offers improved performance.
MSI has announced that they have integrated Intel's current multimedia platform - the Intel G41 chipset - into its new series of motherboards.
The red-hot mobile device industry is pushing chip giant Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) to focus its development efforts on low-power technology, a sign the trend to focus on power savings over performance will continue into the foreseeabl...
Contract manufacturer Flextronics opened a research and design center for laptop computers in Taiwan, aiming to tap into the island's pool of engineering talent.
The world's largest chip maker is working with Google on the Chrome operating system and has been privy to the project for some time, a spokesman for the company said Friday.
Despite Advanced Micro Devices' historical stance that it has no interest in the netbook space, PC makers continue to build the chip maker's processors into low-cost PCs.
Hewlett-Packard is offering six-core processors in a new workstation series, the company said Wednesday.
Some small PC makers are paying a price for Windows 7 upgrades, but they have given a vote of confidence to the OS as it could deliver more profits by attracting buyers to purchase new systems.
The latest generations of server processors from Intel and Advanced Micro Devices don't deliver the promised gains in performance, according to the head of technical operations at Facebook, a massive consumer of servers.
Dennard's Law? It doesn't have quite the ring of Moore's Law, mostly because IBM researcher Robert H. Dennard remains unknown to the general public.
The Calibre X265/X265HM Graphics Cards feature the 2nd generation of Calibre Dual Fly Cooling System that was designed by Sparkle. Sparkle claims this is the world's first Graphics Card with pillars traversed cooling fins technology which provides be...
Microsoft's upcoming Zune HD media player is powered by Nvidia's Tegra computing platform, a source familiar with the device's specifications confirmed on Friday.
Intel's strategy to rename its chips and platforms has seen some opposition from chip enthusiasts, who say the new naming conventions are even more confusing.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD busts Ryzen performance myths, clearing Windows 10 from blame
- Nvidia supercharges GeForce DirectX 12 performance with new Game Ready driver
- Ryzen works with XMP memory profiles
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
- Nvidia slashes GeForce GTX 1080 prices, reveals new overclocked memory options
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTAgile TesterNSW
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst AgileQLD
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTTelco Program ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPGIS Resource Data & TestingQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCEnterprise/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTHadoop Service AdministratorNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSofware Developer/Architect - Media and telco Network Operations - MelbourneVIC
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW