Arm Holdings on Wednesday raised the clock speed of its Cortex A9 processor to 2GHz, with the aim of boosting application performance while drawing less power.
PC Components - News
Pillar Data Systems Inc. said this week that it's replacing Intel's X25-E solid state disk (SSD) drive as an option for its storage arrays with a drive from STEC Inc. because of firmware problems with the Intel's drive that lead to performance slowdo...
Sony Australia has just unveiled its latest VAIO notebook at the company's 'Secret Garden' media event at Sun Studios, Sydney. A large range of games, gadgets and home entertainment devices were showcased at the event, but the mysterious 'VAIO X' not...
After introducing what's regarded as the fastest microprocessor in the market to date, Intel rolled up its sleeves and introduced on Thursday its new offerings to the local market, including two new Core i7 processors and the mid-level Core i5 proces...
Microsoft Hong Kong is now recruiting Windows 7 promoters who will be paid US$1,004 each for a day's work in late October when the software giant launches its new OS.
Intel on Monday said it had starting sampling Nehalem-based chips code-named Jasper Forest, reaching a milestone in its effort to create smaller and power-efficient chip packages.
In the future, everyone will have their own Matrix: Reloaded-style video walls. Or at least that's the future AMD envisions.
Next year, Advanced Micro Devices will begin providing PC makers with samples of the much-hyped Fusion chips that incorporate graphics processing into the CPU.
Chipmaker AMD wants to change how PCs are purchased, replacing tech jargon with a simple description of what a particular computer should be used for. If successful, AMD will put the focus on users instead of what's inside their computer.
Intel showed off a number of new computer systems and at least 40 new motherboards built by partners for new Intel microprocessors that officially launched on Tuesday, nearly a month after the chips were first spotted at computer markets in Taipei.
A year after its launch, Intel is pushing the Nehalem microarchitecture into mainstream PCs with the release of its first Core i5 chip on Tuesday.
Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) of Abu Dhabi has signed a definitive agreement to acquire chip maker Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing of Singapore in a deal valued at S$5.6 billion (US$3.9 billion) in cash and debt, the companies s...
AMD Inc. announced Monday an ultra-low power version of its six-core Istanbul Opteron processors, targeted at cloud computing customers.
Several readers has asked us about this very insistent program that wants to download itself and protect their computer.
Philips has announced a wireless HDMI product that lets consumers connect home electronics products, like a television and a Blu-Ray player, without using any wires, it said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
- AMD Threadripper exclusive: Only Alienware's Area-51 will have it in 2017
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- TPTest AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperSA
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTSoftware Asset Management Co-ordinatorOther
- FTLead API DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject Officer - Records Management , contract administrationOther
- TPNetwork & System SpecialistNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW