Intel passed on the opportunity to make chips for the first iPhone, and in May discontinued Atom smartphone chips after wasting billions trying to get them in handsets. The chip company instead started building a new mobile identity around its modems...
PC Components - News
PC prices are going up due to a shortage of a number of components, and the situation isn't expected to change in the coming quarters.
GDC 2017 is shaping up to be a big deal for PC enthusiasts, with both AMD and Nvidia holding special events.
Toshiba is more than a laptop maker, but the vast Japanese conglomerate shrunk on Tuesday under a wave of bad news.
Intel has indicated not one but two new chips—a 14nm chip for desktops, known as Coffee Lake, alongside the 10nm Cannon Lake—will launch sometime before the end of the year.
Intel realizes there's a limit to Moore's Law and is already investing in technologies to drive computing beyond today's PCs and servers.
Upgrading CPU performance hasn't been a priority for Intel in many years, but that could be changing.
A flaw in an old Intel chip could crash servers and networking equipment, and the chip maker is working to fix the issue.
Nvidia's Quadro GP100 shares many features with the company's most advanced Tesla P100 GPU, but also brings the superfast NVLink to Windows PCs and workstations.
AMD now is looking to rally its dwindling fan base with a series of Zen-based chips this year for desktops, servers, and laptops. The hyped-up Zen chips are expected to be good, and even Intel readily acknowledges the stiff competition coming its way...
Intel's Optane technology is already shipping in the form of storage, but you'll have to wait until next year to buy Optane memory modules.
Seagate is getting closer to reaching its goal of making 20TB hard drives by 2020.
AMD's Zen chips are supposed to be as fast as Intel's fastest, and they may also be a lot cheaper. If the rumors come true, Intel will finally have some competition in high-end gaming CPUs.
AMD's Zen chip is just around the corner; it'll first come to gaming systems any day now. There's a lot of excitement about Zen, which AMD believes is its most important chip this decade.
Nvidia wants you to download, install, and use GeForce Experience 3.0 for a chance to win a copy of Gears of War 4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
- AMD Threadripper exclusive: Only Alienware's Area-51 will have it in 2017
- Intel's revealed the Core i9 ship dates, but you won't like them
- Hands-on: Creative Labs' Sound BlasterX AE-5 ups the audio for gamers
- Logitech's Powerplay mousepad wirelessly charges your mouse while you use it
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Product OwnerQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTProject - PMO - ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTL1 Service Desk SupportWA
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCJava Developer with Guidewire ExperienceQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTAgile Project Manager x 2NSW
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTUser Experience Researcher - UX, UI, UCDOther
- FTITIL Change Management SpecialistOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - System ImplementationQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW