G.SKILL International Enterprise Co has announced a new lineup of Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory kits with enhanced compatibility on the latest AMD platforms.
System Memory (RAM)
We visited Crucial's home turf to see what was coming.
A gallery of Team Group's Computex display including specs and performance figures.
The very simple guide to what to buy
In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
Foxconn, the Taiwanese electronics manufacturer is best known as the maker of iPhones and iPads for Apple, is said to be preparing a $27 billion bid acquire Toshiba's computer chip assets.
Intel's new Optane Memory is aimed at non-enthusiast users, but only those with at least a Core i3. Celeron- and Pentium-based PCs are out.
More DDR memory is on the way, despite many predictions that its time would soon be up.
Intel's spanking new high-capacity Optane SSD is cool, but drives from other storage vendors based on the 3D Xpoint technology could be coming later this year.
Intel debuts Optane Memory as a "revolutionary" technology that could make hard drives feel like SSDs, but enthusiasts were hoping for more.
When you look at RAM it’s easy to think that the big, beefy modules with the fancy heat-spreaders are are going to make your computer fly along. If you’re a competitive overclocker then this is probably the case and this review isn’t for you.
Corsair’s Vengeance LPX 2400MHz memory kit (Code: CMK16GX4M2A2400C16) is what we use in the PC World Test Rig. It’s designed for high performance overclocking which is beyond the needs of most users, but that won’t stop regular PC builders wanting a good kit in their system.
Intel's Optane technology is already shipping in the form of storage, but you'll have to wait until next year to buy Optane memory modules.
Most people can figure out how to install RAM sticks into their computer. If you don’t there’s a tutorial here. In short, make sure everything is off and then install the sticks to take advantage of the multiple channels on offer. Your motherboard manual will tell you which slots to put the sticks in to do this. The reason is simply that two sticks operating along two channels is faster than two sticks operating along the same channel. That’s all.
Find out how these 2 reviewers were able to make significant improvements to their small meeting effectiveness
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Foxconn said to offer $27B for Toshiba's memory chip business
- Intel's speed-boosting Optane Memory won't work with Celeron and Pentium PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCCisco ACI Senior Network Engineer, Technical Consultant Or Network ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Implementation Support - Telecom IndustryVIC
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- TPSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence Analyst/Software DeveloperQLD
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW
- CCSAS DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- FTPrincipal ConsultantOther
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTCyber Security Team LeadOther